1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Idea Time: Match paint trial run...?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by BGrutter, Sep 9, 2010.

1. Sep 9, 2010 at 9:05 PM
    BGrutter

BGrutter [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Baron
    Kansas City, MO
    Vehicle:
    2010 4x4 DCSB TRD OR
    Rear-View Camera Mod, Anti-theft Tailgate, No Mud-Flaps, Diff Breather Mod, Color-matched Mirror/Handle covers, Front Valance mod, Phone/GPS/Camera mount, and Illuminated 4x4 Switch ToyTec Ultimate Lift Light Racing UCAs
    So, I've been considering the idea of whether i'd like to have my mirrors, handles, grill, and maybe even my wheels match my Super White 2010 DCSB TRD OR. However, I'd really like to test it out before I commit, and probably run it by the boss before I get evicted to the dog house ;)

Well, I think I've come up with a way to try it out before I commit permanently. I'm gonna run to the store and pick up one of those cans of window spray-cans that you can write stuff with (I.e. "Just Married", "Homecoming 2010", etc). Then, I'm gonna cover everything with it. I know it wont have the glossy, finished product look that's I would ultimately want, but the basic appearance would be there, and I could just wash it off afterward.

Side note: I would of course do my best to cover/protect and small cracks and crevices prior to spraying.

So, does anyone see any error in my thinking? Am I setting myself up for something thats really gonna bite me in the @$$? More importantly, does anyone see any reason this stuff might have an adverse impact on my paint, plastic, or chrome cover plates, or does it clean off fairly easy?

2. Sep 10, 2010 at 6:00 AM
    jpmorrisvb

jpmorrisvb Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jimmy
    Virginia Beach
    Vehicle:
    2014 Barcelona Red TRD Off-Road PreRunner
    Clazzio seat covers, KB Voodoo Powder Coated Tailgate Cap, OEM running boards, ImMrYo Rear-View Mirror Lift Bracket, 35% Tinted windows, EGR window vents, color matched door handles and tail gate lift, WeatherTech FloorLiners, OEM bed mat, sound dampening on rear wall and rear doors, on anytime foglight mod
    Man ..... don't use that stuff .... could only lead to troubles in my opinion. Cruise the internet and lots to find examples .... you'll be a better idea.

Either way .... the choice is up yo you. Good Luck.

Products Discussed in

To Top