1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ideas for Double Cab audio?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by googuse, Oct 17, 2006.

1. Oct 17, 2006 at 11:28 AM
    googuse

googuse [OP] New Member

Member:
    I'd like to beef up my audio system. Are there any good ideas for a 2002 Double Cab? Not really anywhere to put a sub!

2. Oct 19, 2006 at 4:20 PM
    BigBacon

BigBacon Member

Member:
    yeah man...I just got done with a friends 03' double cab. we went with a Panisonic Head unit..flip down faceplate..we put in memphis door speakers all around with a mtx 4-channel amp. sounds awesome! great if your not looking for a sub(no room anyway). i would also sugest to find some good tweeters..mabey pioneer...and cutting a whole in your plastic over the driver and passenger seatbelts...and mount them there...we did it in his...great highs! plus with a good head unit..you can control those tweeters like a sub. so they wont blow your ear off!

3. Nov 24, 2006 at 7:32 AM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    if you want to drive to impress, you should look at the eclipse brand.

4. Nov 24, 2006 at 11:01 AM
    TheMaster

TheMaster Born to Ride

Member:
    First Name:
    Chicky Baby
    NY
    Vehicle:
    2007 DC TRD Sport
    Bug shield, window visors, skid plate, rust proofing, tonneau cover, paint & upholstery protection, side step bars, navigation system.
    From what I know, for the perfect sound stage effect you must have your tweeters in front, ideally on the dash facing upwards. In my opinion, having tweeters right next to your ear can cause long term hearing damage and may drown out mid range. I had a similar setup (dash mounted JBL tweeters) with 4 MTX mid's and 10" MTX Blue Thunder subs. Its the best stereo system I've ever listened to:lalala: . It was way superior to the Bose 601's and 901's in my studio. I would pay top dollar for a system like that today.

5. Nov 24, 2006 at 2:11 PM
    MapMasterG

MapMasterG Active Member

Member:
    Hey Googuse, I had the same question about the subs...see my "aloha from Maui" post in the audio forum. Jesse answered back with some great info. He built a custom sub enclosure that fits behind the rear seats and has posted some cool links for construction tips. It is a small space, but I just found a 10" Clarion sub that is only 3" deep. I think with the seats in the regular position you may sacrifice some sound quality because the sub is firing right into the seat-back, but if you don't have passengers I would leave the seats in the down position. Also, if you don't feel like building a custom box, *********.com makes some to fit and MTX is coming out with a custom molded "ThunderForm" box for the '05-'07 Tacos this month.

6. Dec 31, 2006 at 3:24 AM
    Mackdive808

Mackdive808 New Member

Member:
    hey i was loking up some stuff on stereos as well. went to this stereo place and they are gonna do a custom box with 3- 6.5" JL Audio. sounded really good. I have heard som others with 10" and they rattled too much.

Products Discussed in

To Top