1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

ideas for project: suction gun help!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by builthatch, Mar 13, 2011.

1. Mar 13, 2011 at 10:17 PM
    builthatch

builthatch [OP] MiG-21 superfan

Member:
    First Name:
    Tony Mandarich
    near the ocean, NJ
    Vehicle:
    '11 SSM SR5 6 speed 4x4
    Hella DOT wattage high performance 9003 headlight bulbs, Optilux by Hella XY h10 fog light bulbs, Suntek HP50 tint, AFE Stage II Si intake
    k, so, i'm working on a project and we need an easy to handle HAND OPERATED solution to transfer a certain viscous product from drums into equipment, but with decent measurement resolution. for instance, we will need to pull 150ml out of 20L jugs, or...200ml out of said jugs...relative precision. to me, a normal suction gun, like that used to remove/fill gear oil, would be ideal for a delivery system, but you can't measure that way, and that is crucial. if it had a clear "barrel", that would be perfect.

i found a picture on the web of something that looks like it might work, but there is no info about it past the google image.

[​IMG]

any ideas?

(waits for penis pump picture)

srsly tho.

thanks.

2. Mar 14, 2011 at 5:12 PM
    Luc@z

Luc@z Well-Known Member

Member:
    NKY
    Vehicle:
    07 SW DCSB SR5 4X4 Manual
    I came across your post on Honda-tech.com and came to the same conclusion as you: all the transparent syringes I came across are too small for your purposes. I know you would like to avoid oil suction guns because they are not transparent, but they might work if the graduations were marked on the stem of the plunger instead of the cylinder.

Depending on how many you are ordering, you could possibly get the suction gun manufacturer to make you a special batch, or you could buy a batch and have a machine shop or someone etch the stem to your specifications.

Products Discussed in

To Top