1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Idiot newbie

Discussion in 'New Members' started by a55realgem, May 29, 2008.

1. May 29, 2008 at 6:47 AM
    a55realgem

a55realgem [OP] New Member

Member:
    Hello,
    I have a 2006 TRD Tacoma that has had lots of problems. I've no technical ability vehicle-wise but hope to translate some info here.
    Glossary already helped me.
    I needed a good off road vehicle as I hunt with spaniels and do field trials.
    Thanks
    A gem

2. May 29, 2008 at 7:10 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    Welcome to TacomaWorld.

What kind of problems? :eek:

3. May 29, 2008 at 7:40 AM
    a55realgem

a55realgem [OP] New Member

Member:
    Suspension, ABS, vehicle was taken to dealer for repairs, probaly not a good choice, you probably know them you are fairly near me, I live in Uxbridge, MA. Boch Toyota.
    My truck has always been very jumpy, tight often airborne at moderate road defects. Toyota replaced the driveshaft because of serious vibration at 41mph. Why does such a short truck have a split driveshaft?
    I could go on...

4. May 29, 2008 at 8:31 AM
    Roland

Roland My other ride has sails

Member:
    Rhode Island
    Vehicle:
    06 Impulse Red I4 2WD Access Cab
    UnderCover Tonneau, Bed mat, Bug Deflector, aFe Pro Dry S, Secondary Air Filter removed, Synthetic 5W-30 oil, Scanguage II with blendmount, WeatherTech floorliners, Toyota seat covers, Installed OEM intermittent wipers, TacomaWorld sticker, Defrost without AC mod, Hidden Hitch
    I bought my truck at Boch and after my second time there for service I'll never go back.

They put 7 quarts of oil in the engine. They rotated the tires incorrectly and scratched up the center caps in the process. They didn't reset the tire pressure. (which is how I knew they screwed up the rotation)

The service manager had me go back to make it right and told me he'd ship me new center caps and note my account to give me my next service for free to make up for the trouble. And even after that when I got home I had 3 tires at 32PSI and the back passanger at 27.

After a couple months the caps never arrived and when I questioned it the "new" service manager says there's no record of my problems, complaints, parts being ordered or any information on my account about a free oil change/tire rotation. I've also not received another customer satisfaction questionnaire from Toyota.... I think they only get sent to people they think are happy :rolleyes:

5. May 29, 2008 at 8:57 AM
    missileman125fw

missileman125fw Well-Known Member

Member:
    Welcome to TacomaWorld. Be sure and post some pictures of your ride!

Products Discussed in

To Top