1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Illumination wire on new HU

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by KaoskrewPB, Jun 25, 2010.

1. Jun 25, 2010 at 5:38 PM
    KaoskrewPB

KaoskrewPB [OP] -Empty-

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Went from: Icon coilovers, Light Racing UCA's, SpiderTrax Wheel spacers, T Rex Eye lids color matched, Rear AAL, Iron Dirt light bar, Hella 500's, Blacked out door badges and front grill badge, Blacked out Hella light covers, Trailer Brake controller, JVC Arsenal KD-AHD69 HU, Sony Xplod Amp To completely stock :(
    Installing anew HU, and the adapter kit from TacoTunes to install aftermarket HU to JBL system.
    Anyways, there is an orange wire commingfrom the back of my JVC HU and there is no spare orange wire in the adapter to hook up to.
    I read this thread http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/audio-video/82885-z110bt-illumination-wire.html
    And they were saying to tap into the orange wire that is being used on the adapter.
    But that info is for a scosche kit

2. Jun 25, 2010 at 5:42 PM
    whippersnapper02

whippersnapper02 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Christian
    Yorba Linda, CA
    Vehicle:
    10 MGM TRD OR 4wd Auto DCSB
    Banks Monster Exhaust, Pop n Lock tailgate lock, Hook-Ups tie down brackets, USA Spec Ipod adaptor, WO seat covers, color matched grill with Grillcraft insert, Tuffy locking bed box
    You don't have to use it. All it does is dim the face at night so it isn't so bright.

3. Jun 25, 2010 at 5:50 PM
    KaoskrewPB

KaoskrewPB [OP] -Empty-

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Went from: Icon coilovers, Light Racing UCA's, SpiderTrax Wheel spacers, T Rex Eye lids color matched, Rear AAL, Iron Dirt light bar, Hella 500's, Blacked out door badges and front grill badge, Blacked out Hella light covers, Trailer Brake controller, JVC Arsenal KD-AHD69 HU, Sony Xplod Amp To completely stock :(
    I'll take that as a "It's a major PITA to hook up so fugg it".

Lol

4. Jun 25, 2010 at 10:44 PM
    KaoskrewPB

KaoskrewPB [OP] -Empty-

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Just finished installing it and tuning the inputs...
    When I first hooked it up the sound was really distorted at medium level.
    Played around with the input adjustment on the "Black Box" adapter kit and I got it sounding great!
    This head unit is really nice and you can change the color to match up nice with the amber in our trucks.
    And my stock JBL speakers sound soooo much better. And my bass is definetly a lot better on the highs.
    Overall I think it's the best 250 bucks I've spent on my truck, and had fun doin it.
    Here's some really shitty pics at 10 o'clock at night with my phone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

To Top