1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm Getting A Puppy! What do I need?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Blu08Taco, Dec 24, 2008.

1. Feb 24, 2009 at 6:28 PM
    ImpulseRed008

ImpulseRed008 Gone But Not Forgotten

Member:
    First Name:
    Susan
    SC
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5 V6 w/tow pkg
    OEM SS tube steps, Access LE tonneau cover, pop n'lock, AVS in-channel vent visors, stubby antenna, Wet Okole seat covers, bed mat, rear diff breather mod, 4 extra d rings in bed, K&N air filter.
    congratulations on the puppy. Didn't see the pictures... they came up as red x's.

As a few others have said NEVER hit a puppy!! If she peed or pood on the floor - it's your fault because you didn't watch close enough for her signal she had to go out. If she chewed on something - it's your fault that you left it where she could get to it. She DOES NOT understand why she's getting hit. Think BABY.

Bitter apple worked for my dogs. Baby gates or leashes to keep them within sight until they are old/mature enough to be trusted.

One thing nobody mentioned - vehicle harness so she either can't jump out of the truck or to keep her from flying in the event of an accident. Mine know when the harnesses come out it's time for a ride and they LOVE rides. They look out the windows until we get moving, then they lay down and snooze until we stop. Mine ride in the back seat with it folded down, on dog beds (that are their beds when we travel)

Good luck with the new addition. Sounds like you are headed in the right direction.

One more thing... if it's not going to be cute when she grows up, it's NOT CUTE now.

2. Feb 24, 2009 at 6:54 PM
    Charli

Charli Stealer of Souls

Member:
    First Name:
    Chuck?
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '06 Black Sand 4X4 SR5 TRD Sport V6 Access Ca
    Towing pkg with Mossberg hitch cover, Toyota tube steps, 3" Toytec lift and TSB, 1" diff drop, Tacoma World sticker, sockmonkey decals

Excellent advice Impulse!

Products Discussed in

To Top