1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm livid...

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by Agent475, Sep 28, 2009.

1. Sep 29, 2009 at 5:55 AM
    goofyboy

goofyboy Longhorn.

Member:
    Katy, Tx
    Vehicle:
    09 TRD Sport
    cash. do all things in cash. if she questions why you switched to cash, tell her you like to save up the change.

2. Sep 29, 2009 at 6:04 AM
    SManZ

SManZ Sold the Taco in June 2020

Member:
    Fauquier County, VA
    Vehicle:
    Current, 2020 Ford Super Duty Tremor, Previously 2010 Supercharged 4x4 Tacoma Sport 6-spd
    TRD Supercharger, King 2.5" extended travel remote-resi coilovers, OME Dakar leaf packs, King 2.5" extended travel rear shocks, Total Chaos UCAs, MBRP turndown exhaust, TRD intake, TRD Quickshifter, Goodridge SS brake lines, EBC Sport Rotors, Hawk HPS pads, TRD FJ Cruiser Special Edition 16" Anthracite Rims, Spidertrax wheel spacers, 265/75R16 A/T, Autometer oil pressure, oil temp gauges, TRD boost gauge, PLX DM-100 OBD II scanner, flexpod mounts, A-pillar gauge pods
    This isn't a personal attack I swear...but take yourself out of the picture and read what you posted as if someone else wrote it. It sounds like you have to sneak around to do things that she might not agree with, even though they aren't bad things. It sounds like a neutered man held in check by the old ball 'n chain to her standards. IMO, if you can't be yourself around the one person that should accept you for who you are, what good is that? On the other side of things, who does she love...you, or the person that she's been molding you into? I guess it will be kind of eye opening to find out what her reactions are as you tell her more about what you really feel. I would try to be open minded, calm, and remember that there are two sides to every story.

Hearing things like this is why I doubt I'll ever go past the live-in g/f stage, even if it gets to a shit or get off the pot ultimatim.

3. Sep 29, 2009 at 6:24 AM
    nasty ned

nasty ned Well-Known Member

Member:
    mass
    Vehicle:
    05v6trd access
    nerf bars ventvisor kit nose & windows
    she may have watched oprah,dr.phil,or one of those lame-ass shows where the subject was spousal infidelity.those shows and magazines may have just put a bug in her ear.sounds to me that it is time for a good heart to heart.i wouldn't get mad at her,ask her why she feels she has to do that and let her know it hurts you.next ask her to give up on of her precious(girl weekends)and take her on a special overnight
    someplace for just the two of you.

4. Sep 29, 2009 at 6:56 AM
    Rudbwoy7s

Rudbwoy7s Well-Known Member

Member:
    TEXAS
    Vehicle:
    08 Double cab 4x4 sr5
    3" Revtek suspension lift, 17" Black and silver American Eagle Alloy wheels, 285/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers, Flowmaster 40 series muffler, sockmonkey brake light cover, Maglight mod, Viper alarm, Smith & Wesson hitch receiver cover
    i would just tell her to quit her $h1t, I do it all the time! Sometimes my wife doesnt realize she's being a turd untill I tell her.

5. Sep 29, 2009 at 7:11 AM
    Agent475

Agent475 [OP] "Mark It Zero"

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    All - thanks for all the feedback on the situation.

Before I left work yesterday we send some emails back and forth on the subject. It got pretty heated but I stood my ground.

When I got home, she wasn't home... but she came into the office at home and was all teary eyed. She handed me a card, roses, and Madden 10 and apologized. Wow... I was floored.

Anyway, that's how it went down...

Thanks to all you guys (and gals) for the support.

6. Sep 29, 2009 at 8:10 AM
    PrezidentRedz

PrezidentRedz Uncivilized Creations Prez

Member:
    First Name:
    Redz
    Owings, MD
    Vehicle:
    00 Taco 4x4 Xtra Cab, Locked and Lifted.
    Custom Everything! WHAT º¿º
    im glad you guys made up. but just gotta make sure you keep the Communication open, otherwise it will go right back to shit.

7. Sep 29, 2009 at 8:13 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.
    Madden FTW? :)

I'm glad it's working out. I hope it keeps up!

8. Sep 29, 2009 at 8:31 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Hood Struts, 3" Tuff Country Lift, Shortie Antenna, WeatherTechs, Tinted front windows, custom TRD seat covers, custom pedals, debadged, custom USMC badging, quasi-functional hoodscoop (i.e. I cut it open), black front Yota emblem, Tailgate Theft-Prevention mod, Horn Relocation mod, Old Man Emu Carrier Bearing Drop, Brighter Backup Lights Mod, Smittybilt Reciever Hitch Tow Point, currently working on Satoshi Grill Mod
    Yea, Madden 10 - I couldn't believe it! She is a pretty cool chick when she wants to be. :)

9. Sep 29, 2009 at 8:37 AM
    gupster88

gupster88 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Almost Heaven, WV
    Vehicle:
    2021 Cement Grey Off Road
    Stock
    sounds like there's two things going on here...either A) she just has trust issues and like to question these things or B) she is the one doing things behind your back and she is making a fuss out of your actions just to take the possible heat off her. personally, id start drilling her when she comes in from being out with the girls and do what she does to you back to her. make her taste her own medicine.

10. Sep 29, 2009 at 8:38 AM
    jdkeller

jdkeller How many words can be fit in this s

Member:
    First Name:
    Jonathan
    Inland Empire, Ca
    Vehicle:
    2008 Tacoma Prerunner TRD Offroad
    Dome light LED, 6000k HID Headlights and fogs, Grillcraft black mesh, rear 5100's, Total Chaos UCA's, 285/75/16 BFG KM2's, Spidertrax spacers, Blacked out emblems, cb,kenwood tm270 ham radio, All Pro 3" leaf pack, Fox 2.0 coilovers, Revenge Fab Sliders, u bolt flip kit, Pioneer avh4200, bed bar with light and antenna, Wet Okoles, Weathertech Mats, Wet Okole Armrests, Rear KR Fab bumper, bed mat, N-Fab spare tire carrier with full size spare on 16" TRD rim, Bedlinered flares and grille. Camburg Spindles, All Pro front fenders.
    Naa. Its over. They settled everything. No need to go and start a quarrel again. She sounds legit. Only reason for him to do something like that is if he had a reason for not trusting her.

11. Sep 29, 2009 at 8:39 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport
    Yea, sorry I need to update the initial post.

12. Sep 29, 2009 at 8:41 AM
    07tacoark

07tacoark Still kickin like a chicken!

Member:
    First Name:
    Red
    Fort Worth, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 SR5 & 19 TRD-OR 4x4
    Lots on 07 ... getting started on 19
    good to hear. but seriously though... keep talkin about it, dont just pretend it never happend. when she isnt teary eyed and has a level head bring up everything, but not in a bad way. talk about what went down as if u guys are tyrin to prevent it from happenin again. like what u 2 can do in the future to keep things good between each other on everything

13. Sep 29, 2009 at 8:44 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

Good idea :)

14. Sep 29, 2009 at 9:02 AM
    ligero18

ligero18 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Ohio
    1. Invent time machine
    2. Go back in time
    3. Don't get married lol

I came close to getting married once, truth is men and women were not meant to co habitate imo

edit: didn't read down far enough. Glad everything worked out.

15. Sep 29, 2009 at 9:45 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    ask her if you can exchange the roses for a BJ :)

seriously though, the fact she realized she was wrong or insecure or whatever and apologized is cool. alot of women (and men for that matter) wont do that, so its a good thing she will. and its crazy cool that she made up for it with a video game.

16. Sep 29, 2009 at 9:46 AM
    Agent475

Member:
    Waldorf, MD
    Vehicle:
    2006 Red TRD Sport

LOL - Na, BJs are free of charge.

17. Sep 29, 2009 at 9:47 AM
    derekabraham

derekabraham Living vicariously through everybody

Member:
    First Name:
    TW'S Hippy Liberal
    Portland, OR
    Vehicle:
    2002 4x4 4Runner
    Stick on hood scoop from Autozone.

Especially since it was Madden. ;)

Yeah, it's really cool that she realized she was hurting you and apologized for it. That takes a lot of guts.

Products Discussed in

To Top