1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm looking for wheel suggestions

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by motodan00, Sep 19, 2009.

1. Sep 19, 2009 at 4:16 PM
    motodan00

motodan00 [OP] Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Dan
    Co Spgs
    Vehicle:
    10 Tacoma Double Cab, TRD
    Dynolock, Leer topper ToyTec Ult. Lift kit, TRD wheels w/ DuraTrac & Wet okole's on order
    I recently obtained a 2010 DC TRD Tacoma, Barcelona Red. I'm looking at installing a 3" lift, Toytec ultimate lift kit. Now I'm looking at wheels. Seeing that I live in CO, I hate to get something that will require a lot of polishing. I must say that I like the look of the Mickey Thompson Classic Lock, but again because I live where there's lots of snow I hesitate with getting these wheels. I do want to stay with 16's. Any suggestions?

2. Sep 20, 2009 at 12:57 AM
    RelentlessFab

RelentlessFab Eric @Relentless Fab Vendor

Member:
    First Name:
    Eric
    Sparks, NV
    Vehicle:
    07 AC 6mt>03 SR5 >08 Sport and 17 6MT TRD OR
    Relentless Armored! Too many others to list.
    When looking for wheels, be sure you're mindful of the offset specs for the wheel you like. If you get the wrong offset, you'll run into all sorts of fitment issues. A negative offset spec will stick the wheels and tires out, and a positive will pull it in closer. I suggest a 0 offset(mounting surface is dead center of the wheel). A -12mm is very common, but when looking to run the largest tire possible with a lift, you can run into rubbing on the mudflaps, front body mount, and inside of the front bumper with that offset spec.

As for low maintenance, chrome is about as easy as it gets. If chrome isnt your thing and you prefer black, then look into powder coated or teflon coated wheels.

Products Discussed in

To Top