1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

I'm trying to adopt a Dog

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by A_Ninja_Racer, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Apr 10, 2009 at 6:05 AM
    A_Ninja_Racer

A_Ninja_Racer [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    Hello All I'm trying to adopt a Dog I'm really like the Redbone coon hound and the Bluetick coon hound breeds. I have gone into our local shelters and not been successful at finding any. All they had were lab mixes and pit bulls. Now I'm not looking for puppies or anything I would actually prefer that the dog be 2+ years old so I went on line and found this website Black and Tan Coon hound rescue. I filled out an application and submitted it and got there automated response, saying that they got my application and would be getting back to me soon. After a couple days I responded to that email because it is the only contact information they give you on the website and now after a full week I still have not gotten a response but they are still adding pictures of new Dogs on the site. It’s very upsetting. So my question is does anyone know of any other associations out there that deal in coon hounds short of breeders that they might be able to recommend. I feel like I'm putting everything into one pot and need to diversify. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Apr 10, 2009 at 6:39 AM
    hillbillynwv

hillbillynwv Well-Known Member

Member:
    Fairmont, WV
    Vehicle:
    2017 Tacoma 6MT TRD Pro
    Falken Wildpeak MT 285's
    I think the main problem of getting the breed of dog you want is your location. There's probably not many coon dogs in Tampa, Florida. I used to live in Orlando and never saw one while I lived there. I've never owned a coon dog but I think they really like to bark and especially at night. If a coon dog is really what you want just do some more searching on the internet. I own a golden retreiver and a old english sheep dog and wouldn't take a million dollars for either one of them. Great companions. Good luck in your search.

3. Apr 10, 2009 at 8:55 AM
    A_Ninja_Racer

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    Yes I have done my research and your right there are not a lot of them in the area but the website has one that is in florida and I don't mind driving to go meet it and or pick it up. You would think that the way there adding new dogs to the site they would be trying to get rid of a few at the same time!

4. Apr 10, 2009 at 9:27 AM
    Snipe

Snipe Well-Known Member

Member:
    Pacific NW
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off Road
  5. Apr 10, 2009 at 10:22 AM
    05 X-Runner

05 X-Runner Murdered X

Member:
    First Name:
    Brett
    Napa, Nor-Cal. Whine Country U.S.A
    Vehicle:
    BSP 05 X-Runner, 07 TRD Sport Super White
    HVM C/F X-Runner badge 1 of 6 made,P/C'ed black rims,Blacked out Billet Grill,BLHM,HID's,Tinted tail covers, Fog light mod,BFLM,C2C Black eyelids,,C2C 1.75" Front drop 2" rear,C2C Hoodstruts,URD Shortshifter,URD T-CAI.Custom Coupe shiftball, NST Manifold Spacer.. 07 TRD Sport Super White,De-badged,White headlight Mod,Fog light mod,White tail light mod,C2C white eyelids, C2C hood struts
    Thankfully you dont live out here in Cali.. It's harder to adopt a dog then it is a child..

Good luck with your search..

6. Apr 10, 2009 at 10:33 AM
    A_Ninja_Racer

Member:
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    lol I was actually starting to question that posibility!

Products Discussed in

To Top