1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

IMPROVED Convex Blind Spot Mirrors approx $3.50 each !

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by jnossoff, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Aug 16, 2018 at 3:24 PM
    jnossoff

jnossoff [OP] 2000 Xcab Pre-Runner with Leer 122 shell

Member:
    First Name:
    Joel
    Albuquerque NM
    Vehicle:
    2000 PreRunner SR5 TRD Xcab V6 A/T
    I have always put convex blind spot mirrors on both outside OEM mirrors of my cars and trucks. For extended trips, I have even put them on rental cars. These are the 3" round, dome-shaped (convex) mirrors with adhesive that affix to the outside mirrors. They are especially helpful with trucks and vans with large blind spots on each side.

A new development has made them even better. I have put them on my 2000 PreRunner with camper shell, and on my 2018 Subaru Forester (which comes with Hi Tech radar-based "Lane Change Assist").

With the Ksource Blind Spot Mirrors Product # C0600 the base sticks to the OEM mirror, but the convex mirror can be pivoted/angled out. With it adjusted to its extreme, I can see the rear doors of a four-door car whose front bumper is even to mine at a stop light. You adjust the mirror once and never have to do it again (except after a car wash!). It also helps gauge whether you are within the lines of a parking space, and how close you are to the curb when parallel parking.

Of course "Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear", and gauging distance and speed of headlights approaching from the rear at night is a little more challenging in the convex mirrors. These run about $7.00 for a pair at most auto parts stores, and I won't drive without them. I mount them at the lowest corner on the outermost edge of each OEM outside mirror.
    C0600.jpg
    http://www.ksource.org/UniversalPro...On+and+Clamp-On+Mirrors&ID=51&ProductNo=C0600

FUN TACO likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top