1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

In-Dash Navigation

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by gatortrades, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Feb 14, 2007 at 12:36 PM
    gatortrades

gatortrades [OP] Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    05 Doublecab, PreRunner, SR5, TRD Off-Road
    I want to add a double din nav/sat/cd/mp3/dvd player to my tacoma. I have never been a fan of most truck mods because I think they mostly look cheap. I want a nice dash kit and possibly the touch screen nav that come son higher end Toyotas/Lexus. My question is if anybody has seen this in a 2nd Gen tacoma and what it looks/operates like.

http://www.scosche.com/CatalogImages/image.aspx/TA2053B.jpg

Thoughts?

2. Feb 14, 2007 at 2:42 PM
    Ldytaco05

Ldytaco05 it's all about me

Member:
    Orlando, Fl.
    Vehicle:
    2005 PreRunner,Enkei Wheels
    if you see one in the avalon it functions the same way. did you check out the eclipse brand? one of our TW member has an eclipse system and it looks great. check out the member photo gallery

3. Aug 12, 2009 at 5:20 AM
    gabishara

gabishara New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    George
    East Brunswick, NJ
    Vehicle:
    07 Cab SR5
    Is there such a thing as factory GPS system for the Tacomas? I searched it but didn't find any. ebay sells original units that fits perfect for certain toyota models but the Tacomas.

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  4. Aug 12, 2009 at 5:35 AM
    chadabear

chadabear Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    2018 DCSB 4x4
    I have the Alpine IVA-W205...VERY clean and user friendly. Has a handheld gps unit that can insert behind the screen to be used on head unit also. I LOVE MINE....The gps unit is sold seperately, but well worth the money to have a stand alone gps and an in dash unit all in one. The picture quality on movies is phenominal....I also have the serius satelite add on which enables it to use satlite radio through the touch screen also.

downsized_0812090730.jpg
    0812090731.jpg

5. Nov 10, 2011 at 10:21 AM
    DirtKing

DirtKing Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    Rancho Cucamonga, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    09' 4x4, TRD Sport, Debaged,
    i dont remember where i read this, and correct me if im wrong. but dont the new 2012 tacomas come with an optional navigation/ audi system that bluetooth capadible?? why not judt buy one of those units and all the other things you need and install it. I'll continue to look around but so far thats the best i got. hope this helps.

6. Dec 27, 2011 at 6:07 PM
    AABoucher

AABoucher 1stTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 i4 PreRunner Double Cab
    I just purchased a new 2012 double-cab 4 cylinder Tacoma and will have it delivered on Saturday December 31st. All the papers are signed but I sold some stocks and awaiting them to clear to give a large down payment to keep the car payments low. This is my first Tacoma ever along with being my first Toyota.

Anyway, I too was looking for an in-dash navigation system and found thefollowing link and thought that I would pass it on.

http://www.esunroof.com/toyota_tacoma_navigation.htm

Note that this one includes the steering wheel controls but does not offer satellite.

7. Dec 31, 2011 at 9:06 AM
    hvac

hvac Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4X4 Tacoma T|X Pro 2011
    Sony 7" HU with Tomtom navigation, remote starter with 2 way security system.
    Congratulation on your new vehicle ! why not 4X4 :D ? I've seen a few of those factory look alike navigation systems on ebay & other sellers website, they do look very nice, some are selling for as low as $599, however I do not see any information regarding to GPS map update suport or even what kind of map is being used on those system. Navigation is only good when your map is up to date, around here new streets are being built every year. I have a sony head unit 770BT with tomtom module, which can be update whenever updates is available, wireless bluetooth music from iphone is great! internet is my limitation!:D.

8. Jan 1, 2012 at 5:06 AM
    AABoucher

AABoucher 1stTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Andy
    Raleigh, NC
    Vehicle:
    2012 i4 PreRunner Double Cab
    I love the 4x4's, but was looking for something to haul items that I frequent Lowes to buy and is relatively cheap on gas.

It is a pretty basic truck and gives me the opportunity to add a lot of things. Additions I want to do are the Navigation radio, backup camera, fog lights, bed cover, and other items as I come across them. Thanks for the tip about the Sony! I will check that one out too.

9. Jan 1, 2012 at 5:43 AM
    Razorecko

Razorecko Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '09 Pyrite DCLB TRD Supercharged
    I love my JVC-50HDT system. Lifetime traffic, weather, & traffic. Detachable security face. SD slot, USB, & aux - Oh and color changing backlights so you can match it exactly to your orange taco color ( or white for 2012's )

10. Jan 2, 2012 at 5:56 AM
    hvac

hvac Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    4X4 Tacoma T|X Pro 2011
    Sony 7" HU with Tomtom navigation, remote starter with 2 way security system.
    I agreed JVC has alot of features above and beyond Sony's offered with their HU, like Sony HD radio optional $125 at Amazon, or Sony Sirius $80, detachable LCD ( I like this very much & I think JVC is the only one who offered this feature on their HU), also adding your own background photo I think. But you know what stopped me from buying a JVC unit :D ? SCREEN resolution!
    as far as I know Sony,Pioneer and Alpine have high resolution screens, but Z130 cost is too high for my budget, all I need is Navigation with beautiful screen, USB, wireless bluetooth for Iphone... everything has been working great & I'm loving it !

11. Jan 11, 2012 at 2:31 PM
    DannyTX78

DannyTX78 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Danny
    San Antonio, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Tacoma PreRunner Sport
    Here's what I got in mine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Jan 16, 2012 at 7:50 PM
    clcoyle

clcoyle Well-Known Member

Member:
    Is that the Rosen System?

13. Jan 17, 2012 at 8:47 PM
    mycarrunfaster

mycarrunfaster Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    eddy
    los angeles
    Vehicle:
    2005 tacoma
    how much is the rosen one and how much is the ebay one...?
    are they the same and which one is better buy?
    can anyone tell me ...?

14. Jan 24, 2012 at 4:13 AM
    Porscheguy

Porscheguy Porscheguy

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    SC
    Vehicle:
    2008 Quad Cab Long Bed Speedway Blue
    Alpine INAW900BT
    I went to the dealer and checked out a new Taco with Entune. The "factory" system on this thread looks more like a factory install than the real thing. The JBL Entune is beautiful with the chrome accents and shiny black surround, but that doesn't really match the rest of the dashboard. Unfortunately, you can't get Entune with a 4 cyl, so that option's out for me.

I have an 08 Access currently and I'm also looking for a GPS in dash with bluetooth, Pandora and backup camera. The extent of my research so far is reading this thread and checking Crutchfield. I'm glad you started this thread.

15. Jan 24, 2012 at 9:00 AM
    sytfu510

sytfu510 Instagram: tacoma510

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
    Dirt Designs LT kit front and 3 link kit rear SCS Wheels BAMF rack, bumper ,sliders

I plan on getting the same thing from a vendor ( on toyotanation ) in SoCal. $650 Shipped.

16. Feb 5, 2012 at 8:15 AM
    60guy

60guy BADASS

Member:
    First Name:
    Dustin
    Maryland
    Vehicle:
    2017 Limited Double Cab
    For those of you that have this system what do you think?:confused: I love the factory look, just want to make sure it performs too before spending the dough...:D

17. Feb 5, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    mycarrunfaster

Member:
    First Name:
    eddy
    los angeles
    Vehicle:
    2005 tacoma
    i went to the place to have mine installed and they are not open...
    for those who have this unit installed , please let me where and how to have it installed and how much you pay and tell me the jbl system and we really have no clue what they are...

do we really need the free camera because installatuion is gonna cost more???

i dunno and if someone can show us some pictures and put their reviews and feedbacks of this dvd gps system installed and tested ... we really appreciate your help...

eddy

18. Feb 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    mycarrunfaster

Member:
    First Name:
    eddy
    los angeles
    Vehicle:
    2005 tacoma
    why is there such a big difference in price?

they seem to be more friendly and answer all the questions... but they dun open on saturday and sunday and so how can we have unit installed...

Dustin, please let me know the result and we want one too...

thank you

eddy

19. Feb 5, 2012 at 12:30 PM
    =JSG=

=JSG= Well-Known Member

Member:
    Canada
    Vehicle:
    2006 OR to 2021 DC TRD OR 4x4 SB
    Morimoto 2 Stroke 3.0 lows, Squadron-R Sport , Method NVs, Bilstein 6112/5160
    What do u think of this unit? How does it perform? I know Windows CE has lag issues.

20. Feb 5, 2012 at 5:46 PM
    sytfu510

sytfu510 Instagram: tacoma510

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Bay Area
    Vehicle:
    06 DBL Cab Long Bed TRD Sport
    Dirt Designs LT kit front and 3 link kit rear SCS Wheels BAMF rack, bumper ,sliders
    I played with the unit while I had it, lag wasn't too bad except for the navigation, the unit I had took 13seconds to load the navigation "program" Didn't get to try any routes since I didn't have the Navi Antenna hooked up. However my unit was defective as it had no audio output for some reason. But I played around with other functions and it seems to work fine. I'm waiting for my replacement unit Will update with a video or something when I get a chance.

Products Discussed in

To Top