1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

In Defense of the Second Amendment

Discussion in 'Guns & Hunting' started by Packman73, Sep 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sep 9, 2010 at 11:09 AM
    Packman73

Packman73 [OP] ^^^^ 3%er ^^^^

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    The free state of Arizona
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    If you mean different from what the original intent is, then I suppose so but it seems like an extremely uneducated viewpoint.

As far as the 14th, s1, c1 goes I'm fine with it. If the border were secure it wouldn't be an issue at all.

2. Sep 9, 2010 at 11:15 AM
    VTDave

VTDave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont, USA
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 4x4 Base 5sp Man, 16 DCSB 4x4 Sport 6sp Man
    Why don't we discuss the Third Amendment for once? I hate it when the Government tries to quarter its soldiers in my home.

3. Sep 9, 2010 at 11:17 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    i'll house a soldier in my private quarters any day ;)

4. Sep 9, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    VTDave

VTDave Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vermont, USA
    Vehicle:
    05 Access Cab 4x4 Base 5sp Man, 16 DCSB 4x4 Sport 6sp Man
    Hey just remember don't ask don't tell when it comes to your private quarters.

5. Sep 9, 2010 at 11:22 AM
    BakoTruck

BakoTruck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matthew
    Bakersfield, CA
    Vehicle:
    05 PreRunner TRD
    lol!

6. Sep 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    blackhawke88

blackhawke88 wo ai ni bao bei ^_^

Member:
    SGV, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad
    with some of the marines i've helped do satoshis for, i dont even have to ask :laugh:

7. Sep 9, 2010 at 11:23 AM
    Burgman

Burgman I KEEEEEL YOU

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    Ric VA
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD sport Silver
    K&N intake, Boston Acoustic SL 60 6.5 components up front, Rockford Power T16 6.5 in rear, Pioneer P4100 HU, Soon to be Pioneer Prs 4200f
    Zing!

8. Sep 9, 2010 at 11:26 AM
    Richman21

Richman21 I think therefore I'm a Democrat

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Hardwire radar detector. Tube steps.
    From what I'm reading in the federalist papers, no where can I find any referance to owning any type, and as many you want.

In fact the more I read the papers, the more I understand that the term militia is being used as a State army. Not indivduals.

One thing that is over riding is the word "regulated". To me that says that there was intent to have some control. What you are saying is that government should have zero control over it's people owning guns, and I think based on the wording of the constitution, it does allow for some. I will repeat, I'm not anti-gun, but do believe in having some controls in place.

Oh and BTW, a truely uneducated person fails to understand that people can have different views and neither one be right or wrong. Because when you say my view is uneducated, you are calling many scholars, supreme court judges and others uneducated. It the truely uneducated that cannot debate without making personal attacks.

Oh, one more, I'm not talking about the border, I'm talking about your wording of "Impeach and deport Obama", therefore implying that Obama is not a US citizen. From what that tells me either, you are a birther or you want to "gasp" change the constitution.

9. Sep 9, 2010 at 11:34 AM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Bilstein 5100's (front set @ .85"), OME 885's, chris4x4 anti-Taco-lean spacer on driver's side, Total Chaos UCAs, Rear Leaf Spring TSB, Toytec AALs, Black FJ TT Wheels, BFG 285/75R 16 AT Tires, TRD Exhaust, Viper Alarm, Fog Light Mod, De-badged, Blue LED Dome Light, EZ Clamped Tailgate, Wet Okoles, Satoshi Grill, 5% Tint, Engine Tick Fix, Black Rear Bumper, Black Center Valence, Exhaust Cut At Axle, Thanks for all the help chris4x4!
    "Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace security and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
    George Washington
    First President of the United States

"The supposed quietude of a good man allures the ruffian; while on the other hand arms, like laws, discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as property. The same balance would be preserved were all the world destitute of arms, for all would be alike; but since some will not, others dare not lay them aside … Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."
    Thomas Paine

"The great object is that every man be armed." and "Everyone who is able may have a gun."
    Patrick Henry
    American Patriot

"I ask, Sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people. To disarm the people is the best and most effectual way to enslave them."
    George Mason
    Co-author of the Second Amendment
    during Virginia's Convention to Ratify the Constitution, 1788

"The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full posession of them."
    Zachariah Johnson
    Elliot's Debates, vol. 3 "The Debates in the Several State Conventions on the Adoption of the Federal Constitution."

"… the people are confirmed by the next article in their right to keep and bear their private arms"
    Philadelphia Federal Gazette
    June 18, 1789, Pg. 2, Col. 2
    Article on the Bill of Rights

"And that the said Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to infringe the just liberty of the Press, or the rights of Conscience; or to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms; …"
    Samuel Adams
    quoted in the Philadelphia Independent Gazetteer, August 20, 1789, "Propositions submitted to the Convention of this State"

Case closed.

10. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:07 PM
    08WhiteTRD

08WhiteTRD Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ben
    Rocklin, NorCal
    Vehicle:
    2008 White 4x4 TRD Sport
    Fox Suspension 2.5 Front and 2.0 Rear, All-Pro Skids, BAMF LCA Skid, Leer 100R, Scangauge II, WeatherTech Floorliners, WeatherTech window visors, Satoshi grill with HomerTaco mesh, Sockmonkey Tailgate Decal, BHLM, Center Console lock, ImMrYo Rear-view bracket, Rally Armor mud flaps, Crawford Eco-Block, USA-Spec PA-15
    I think that if it was for the militia to have guns and be regulated that it would say "the right of the militia to keep and bear arms." People in the way I see it means everyone, as in "We The People". I am fine with some gun laws, like convicted felons are not allowed to own guns, or the registration of certain types of guns. But to ban any type of gun is an infringement on our right to bear arms.

11. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:08 PM
    Richman21

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Sorry, you only illustrate my point. No where does it say that you can own any type or as many as you want. Owning two guns, falls into the category of the right to bears arms. So if the government says you can only own a rifle and shotgun, they are not infringing your rights. They are both guns, you own them, therefore they are not infringing on your right.

12. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:13 PM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
  13. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:18 PM
    Richman21

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
  14. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:27 PM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    I must be crazy to argue with the willfully ignorant.

15. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:34 PM
    Incognito

Incognito No better friend, no worse enemy

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    2012 Pyrite AC TRD OR
    Spacer lift, bumper stickers, ejector seat, etc.
    Both damn good posts.
    Let me ask you one question... Why did you click on the thread if you think it's so boring or that it's a repost. All you are doing is trolling, and for trolls nobody likes them.
    X2
    X2
    Big X2 on that one.

16. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:45 PM
    Richman21

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    I must be crazy to debate with a knuckle dragging, right-wing fanatic.:)

17. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:50 PM
    Masada

Masada Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Taylor
    Laveen, AZ
    Vehicle:
    05 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Off Road
    All Pro Steel Plate Front Bumper| All Pro Light Bar| All Pro IFS Skid Plate| All Pro E-locker guard| PIAA 510 Fog Lights| Hella 700FF| Fox 2.5 Coilover| Bilstein 5100 on the rear| BHLM| Grill Craft MX Series insert| Added two D-rings to bed|AVID Off Road sliders| AFE Dry Flow S| Gibson Cat Back| Custom Bedbar with hilift mount| Camburg 1" Uni-Ball UCA's| Hi-Lift 48" Extreme
    And nowhere does it say that the Government can dictate how many or what kind, by your own logic.

2nd part, the infringment happens when they limit how much of one right you are allowed to take part in.

That's like saying you can speak freely for only and hour a day, your still speaking freely the government is just limiting how much you can. I don't see anything wrong with that.:rolleyes:

18. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:57 PM
    Richman21

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeff
    Albuquerque, NM
    Vehicle:
    09 DC Sport PreRunner
    Not true. Infringement would be if they told you that you cannot own any guns. So can I own a cannon? What about a bazooka? I know these are extreme, but it's a slippery slope to owning any kind of weapon, firearm. The government does have limitiations on free speech, you cannot slander someone. You cannot yell profanities in a elementary school. You cannot willfilly incite a riot using speech. So government does have some controls over speech.

Edit: Also, the word regulated means that there intent was to have some controls, otherwise why have the word regulated?

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

And not just regulated, but WELL REGULATED. I think as well as others feel that their intent was to have some regulations or controls.

19. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:58 PM
    badguybuster

badguybuster Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Michael
    West (by GOD) Virginia
    Vehicle:
    2016 Tacoma TRD Sport
    New truck....so nothing yet
    Hey, Packer! What movie is that little signature clip from??? First guy that gets wasted looks like Steve Zahn.

20. Sep 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM
    Packman73

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Vehicle:
    2007 TRD Off Road
    Don't forget racist.:rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Products Discussed in

To Top