1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

'In the Dark' with another dashboard lighting post...

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by Tacojocoma, Mar 5, 2009.

1. Mar 5, 2009 at 8:35 AM
    Tacojocoma

Tacojocoma [OP] Member

Member:
    Los Angeles
    Vehicle:
    2003 PreRunner TRD
    Debadged, Kodiak Sidewinders
    Hey everyone...this is my first actual post, believe it or not:
    I am having a problem with my dashboard lights fading and/or going out on my '03 Pre-Runner XtraCab.....if anyone can help, thank you!!!

Here is a brief summary of the problem:
    1) Dashboard lighting out (but only the speedometer side, other side is dim)
    2) Automatic shift "gear" lights are out, but come on randomly...usually after driving over a pothole, bump, rock, etc...anything that gives the truck a jolt.
    3) 1 of the 3 A/C Dial lights is out.
    4) CD Player does not work (I don't know if this is related to the above, but I thought I'd let everyone know in case...)

PLEASE NOTE:
    -Regarding the dashboard lights....it is NOT THE DIMMER DIAL!! I've tried that and it does its job as a 'dimmer'...but does not bring up the 'problem' lights.
    -I have replaced/checked all fuses and they are all working.

If anyone can help me with this, it would be greatly appreciated...
    I know there have been MANY posts about similar problems, but I haven't read one that seemed as complicated as this one...

The point of this post is really just to get an idea of what is wrong...so that when I take it in, the mechanic doesn't try to give me a raw deal because I'm 'in the dark' so to speak, you know? Sorry for the long post!!!!:(

Products Discussed in

To Top