1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

In the market for a TACO!

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by thecreeper, Mar 26, 2009.

1. Mar 26, 2009 at 10:14 AM
    thecreeper

thecreeper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Well I've just began to research the Tacoma so any comments would be appreciated.

My main use for the truck is for commuting and transporting. *Some* off-roading but it would be minimal really.

I am looking at a 2009 / access cab / 5 spd Auto / 4x4

I've browsed 2 dealers (both are desperate it seems) and one model I looked at was in Barcelona Red with a SR5 #2 List $27,714

The other dealer had one Gray with a SR5 #2 List $27,833

not sure what the slight difference is about.

I plan on trading in my 2006 Honda Element with 33k miles on it.

What kind of plan of action should I take? What should I expect to pay for a 2009 SR5.

Also what advantage is there getting the TRD Off-Road package vs the SR5?

Thanks! From a newbeeee!

2. Mar 26, 2009 at 11:12 AM
    Simon's Mom

Simon's Mom Wag More Bark Less

Member:
    First Name:
    Judy or Jude :)
    NEK Island Pond VT
    Vehicle:
    24 Tundra Trd Sport former 13 TRD OR
    Stock for now
    Welcome from Vermont creeper. :wave:

The off road has a rear locker, different seats, bed power outlet, compass temp display, blisteins shocks front/rear, different coils, 16" alloy rims with BFG Rugged Trail tires & bed side stickers over the SR5 trim trucks. It is a popular package.

The difference in the two prices you listed (grey & barc red) maybe a carpet mat/door sill accessory, that is usually outrageously priced @ about $125!!

Its been awhile since I bought so no idea what the 09s are going for. But its a buyers market for sure & there have been enough new members somebody will chime in for ya!

3. Mar 26, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    thecreeper

thecreeper [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    thanks for the reply.

talking to a co-worker here who bought a 09 Tacoma SR5, he told me whatever i do not to disclose a trade upon intitial negotiation. Said to just tell them that I am selling it privately and have a buyer in mind. That I will be paying cash (check from a credit union). And to just start getting down and dirty.

Said he was able to get his Tacoma at almost 80% off the list!?!?!? it took the sales guy 2hrs to tell him no. He walked out and they called him 1hr later on his cell telling him "Its a deal" so i guess there are deals to be had now.

he just told me to get a price first and then when its time to sign papers to disclose the sale of my car did not go through and now I have a trade and that we figure it on the price given to me...

But 80% off list is good. I never thought that would be possible but seeing how desperate the sales hawks were when I was just looking I guess so.

I do not think I will benefit from the TRD package at all. I do not off road that much to justify the extra cost.

Products Discussed in

To Top