1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Info regarding prices on 2008 Tacoma

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Stefano, May 2, 2008.

1. May 2, 2008 at 6:12 AM
    Stefano

Stefano [OP] Seeking New Truck

Member:
    New Jersey
    Vehicle:
    1990 Toyota Pick-up V-6 - Deluxe
    Hello all at TW :eek:

Retiring my 1990 Toyota pick-up :(, which I've owned since 1993, paid $10,000.00 from a private owner. I am looking to purchase a 2008 Toyota Tacoma Double Cab, extended bed with all the bells and whistles. I was wondering if anyone on this site could assist me with an idea of what I should be paying for this vehicle as well as options I should pass on or ones that are a must have. I just can't trust these dealerships and slick talking salesmen. Thank you in advance for any help you may be.

2. May 2, 2008 at 8:28 AM
    ChrisDeSoup

ChrisDeSoup Come on, Touch it......

Member:
    Up in ya
    Vehicle:
    08 Tacoma Double Cab PreRunner Sport
    Seatbelt Ding Mod All Weather Mats Gate Lock MOD Rear Spring TSB
  3. May 2, 2008 at 8:46 AM
    Ridgerunner

Ridgerunner Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Frank
    Rocklin, Ca.
    Vehicle:
    2001 prerunner doublecab limited
    2001 with; cat-back side-swept twin exhaust, elbow mod, Westin bullbar with Hella 450 driving lights, Snugtop XTR camper shell, TRD off-road 2x4-black beauty.
    Consumer report has a pretty good approach but it costs 14 bucks..I think it may be worth it. They say you can save avg 1900 bucks. They tell you what the dealer paid, what they got from the factory in hidden rebates, and how much they actually paid for addon options AND they give you negotiating tips and traps 1-800-693-9582.....or do what I did: tell them you're really interested in their truck but you've got 2 others at another dealer you're about to go look at-and my wife was there acting all unthrilled about the whole notion of this truck-these two factors saved me about 3000 bucks. Believe me they do not want you to leave-they'll deal down.

4. May 2, 2008 at 8:47 AM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    go to www.kbb.com or www.edmunds.com and build up your Tacoma to get the invoice price. If there is availability, you should not pay more than $500 over invoice (before incentives.)

5. May 2, 2008 at 11:43 AM
    stevedidj

stevedidj Well-Known Member

Member:
    The toyotatacoma.com website has a configurator that does a good job showing what packages contain, what options work and don't work together, etc. Study that to get an idea what packages contain, etc. Then you can look up dealers in your area to see what they've (supposedly) got. Once you're to that point, you're seeing the option/package combinations common in your part of the country - which helps narrow down the mental choice-making required. Once I did this it was easy to walk into a dealership and say show me a 4-cyl-access cab-sr5-prerunner (or whatever you say) and skip the upsell bit on the options and packages. It also helps determine whether they have what you want, or can get what you want, so it doesn't waste anyone's time getting to that point...

... and then once you're at that point you can have a look at Edmunds or Consumer Reports for Invoice and holdbacks (money the dealer gets back once the vehicle is sold).

6. May 2, 2008 at 12:07 PM
    Burns

Burns Excellent Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    17 DCSB Off-Road
    Bilstein 5100's @ 2.0", Wheelers 1.5" AAL, 265/75/16 Firestone Destination AT2's
    Your best bet is to deal with the internet sales part of the dealer. They will typicaly give you a pretty decent price usually $500 over invoice. Good luck and Welcome to the site. :thumbsup:

Products Discussed in

To Top