1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Information overload.. Looking for suggestions

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by IceCreamJones, May 9, 2021.

1. May 9, 2021 at 1:07 PM
    IceCreamJones

IceCreamJones [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle:
    2021 AG Sport DCSB
    I currently have a 2019 SR5 on blocks and spacers. It rides OK... nothing to write home about. I've traded it in for a 2021 TRD sport and already purchased tires(285/65/18 ridge grapplers) and some 18x9 -12 offset wheels. From what i've read, these SHOULD fit stock with some minor trimming.

What i'm having a hard time with is suspension. I don't need a crazy amount of lift, i'd just like to have the same clearance i have on my current truck, which is 1-1.5" in the back on blocks along with a 2.5" spacer in front on stock suspension, only I want it to be comfortable. I go camping and fishing every pretty often, but i'm taking smooth dirt roads for the most part. Thats as "off-road" as i get. Other than that I put about 6k miles on it a year going to work and getting groceries.

I've read a lot about bilstein 5100s all around, sounds like its exactly what I need, but theyre sold out everywhere. I'm willing to spend up to about $1,000, and i'll do the work myself.

*Edit* By current truck, I mean the 2019, as i'm waiting for the 2021 to be delivered sometime this week.

2. May 9, 2021 at 1:09 PM
    hwntaco20

hwntaco20 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2020 Tacoma TRD Offroad 2wd
    Look at the Eibach kit, might be a good match for you. I love mine.

Foster1 and IceCreamJones[OP] like this.
  3. May 10, 2021 at 10:43 AM
    LC7

LC7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Far Nor Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 MGM DCLB 4x4 4.0L
    5100's w/885's, SPC LR UCA, Deaver U402 stage 1 w/Fox 2.0 RR, 285/75r17 Toyo AT III load C on SCS F5, Dynabeads
    If you won't spend more than a grand, do a 3-leaf add-a-leaf in the rear instead of a block. You have lots of options to net 2-1/2" lift in the front for under a grand. I don't think any of them will be a comfortable ride, but it's all subjective.
    You can have Comfort at lower cost, or you can have Lift at lower cost, but you can't have both.

IceCreamJones[OP] likes this.
  4. May 10, 2021 at 11:01 AM
    IceCreamJones

IceCreamJones [OP] Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brad
    Vehicle:
    2021 AG Sport DCSB
    I ended up going with the eibach pro-truck adjustable lift kit, along with the toytec add a leaf. I figure anything should be more comfortable than my current setup with blocks and spacers. Going over speed bumps any other way than perpendicular and it feels like the truck wants to flip onto its side lol

LC7 likes this.

Products Discussed in

To Top