1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

    You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

    As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Inspirational

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by A_Ninja_Racer, Oct 10, 2009.

  1. Oct 10, 2009 at 4:50 PM
    #1
    A_Ninja_Racer

    A_Ninja_Racer [OP] Well-Known Member

    Joined:
    Oct 7, 2008
    Member:
    #9789
    Messages:
    761
    Tampa, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner TRD Debadged
    I want to thank you guys for inspiring me. I have seen many people on here and other websites that spray painted their wheels now I have a TRD OFF Road so I am happy with the appearance of the wheels on my truck. But a few short months after I bought My truck I decided that I needed a trailer to pool the Bike around and whatever large toy that I might decide to buy. (I'm Thinking 4wheeler real Soon.) So I Found a guy that was selling a used HaulMark 6x12 enclosed trailer. it was only a couple years old but looked real nice. Black with stainless steel panels and some Diamond plating here and there. It was in perfect condition. The only problem was the wheels had some kind of finished metal paint on them and they were rusting up real good because of the brake drums behind them so I read a few Posts on here about how people were doing this and I figured what the heck they are trailer wheels. So I took one wheel off started sanding it down to get the rust off and smooth down any pits in the wheel and then I sprayed one coat of Rustolium's rust remover on the wheel then went to a Primer gray and did a few coats of that and then sprayed a glossy white. It was nothing magical and looked like any other trailer tire. Something was eating at me I thought there should be more but I couldn't figure out what it was. Then I did the second wheel and decided to bring a little wet sanding into the mix. This created a much better finished product but there was still something missing. By this time a and started running out of the Rust Remover and Primer so I went back to Lowes and came back with a few extra paint cans. I grabbed the spare tire and started going to work on it. I sanded everything down and started Taping everything off on it and this is what I came up with. I'm looking for a high speed buffer to finish it off but will end up getting to that when I have a few extra buck in my pocket.

    DSCN1216.jpg
     
To Top