1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Install help: tie-rod end removal-steering bushings

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by trevthefatty, Nov 1, 2009.

1. Nov 1, 2009 at 8:16 PM
    trevthefatty

trevthefatty [OP] Wheelin' the Great White North

Member:
    Consecon, Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    04 V6 TRD
    Toytec Coilovers, URD MAF calibrator, remote start, deck plate & grey wire etc.......lots of little mods....
    **figured this out - man I feel stupid.....**

I'm trying to install a steering bushing kit. I'm having a little problem with my tie-rod end. The instructions just say to unbolt it from the steering knuckle but the tie-rod end stud won't come out. My haynes manual says I need a 2-jaw puller.....I tried taping the stud out...no luck...didn't really want to hit it hard...I drive an '04 4x4

any help's appreciated...

2. Nov 3, 2009 at 8:54 PM
    trevthefatty

Member:
    Consecon, Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    04 V6 TRD
    Toytec Coilovers, URD MAF calibrator, remote start, deck plate & grey wire etc.......lots of little mods....
    no one? hehehe I just finished installing my coilovers (no documentation) and disconnecting my sway bar.....Installed my URD MAF calibrator myself with no instructions or wiring harness....thought these bushings would just slap on easy....

contacted vendor and they said they didn't even think the tie-rod end had to be removed to slip in the new bushings...hehehe....amazing the amount of money you can spend on a quality product and the instructions are just ridiculous...I mean these are good parts....

anyways...I'll get these things on..just thought SOMEONE would be able to tell me off top of their head....

3. Nov 4, 2009 at 3:52 AM
    trevthefatty

Member:
    Consecon, Ontario Canada
    Vehicle:
    04 V6 TRD
    man I feel stupid - nevermind guys-got it figured

Products Discussed in

To Top