1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Install instructions for new leaf springs?

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by CurboCycles, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Oct 24, 2011 at 8:19 AM
    CurboCycles

CurboCycles [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curtis
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BLACOMA
    AFE CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Donahoe Racing 2.5" Coilovers, all-pro 3" leaf springs, 5100s, 17" Method wheels, 285 Terra Grapplers, Avid step bars, scooped hood, painted bumper, debadged, black grill and Toy symbol.
    Well the Icons are adjustable so my rake maybe different than anothers....but I have about .5"-1".5" of rake, depending on what side I measure. With as much clearance as I have, its hard to notice the rake. You can see "before" pictures in my gallery and I'll be posting "after" pics as soon as I get the truck washed.

I'd love to break in my setup and see if the right side comes down in height. Sycamore/BJ sounds great. I'm not 4wd but I do have Locking Differential. My experience out there has been that the hills I can't climb are because the trails are too gnarly with deep pits, not due to 2wd traction.

2. Oct 24, 2011 at 9:50 PM
    CurboCycles

CurboCycles [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Curtis
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    BLACOMA
    AFE CAI, Flowmaster muffler, Donahoe Racing 2.5" Coilovers, all-pro 3" leaf springs, 5100s, 17" Method wheels, 285 Terra Grapplers, Avid step bars, scooped hood, painted bumper, debadged, black grill and Toy symbol.
    This is only day 3 and i'm sure there is some human error, but:

Front Driver: 22.75" (38.25" from ground)
    Front Passenger:22.75"
    Rear Driver: 23.75"
    Rear Passenger: 24.5"

3. May 3, 2019 at 8:25 PM
    ToyoRideBFG23

ToyoRideBFG23 Clifford, the big red Yota Beast

Member:
    So-Cal
    Vehicle:
    2011 Toyota Tacoma OR Edition 4WD
    Front: 2.5 Icons extended travel remote reservoir CDCV, JBA Offroad High caster Arms, Wheelers super bumps Rear: Bilstien 5125, 1.5” AAL, Other: Front tube bumper, FJ T-Case, 285/75/16 BFG KO2s, Black Rhino Chamber wheels -10 offset with 1.25”wheel spacers, Nilight Ditch lights and LED Fogs. Upcoming Mods: Hammer Hangers, Icon RXT leaf pack, Icon 2.0 VS Series Remote Reservoirs.
    Hey I know I’m a couple years late but I’m really looking to get the all pro standard 3 inch lift leaf pack. I’m the same boat as you when it comes to loading in the rear. I only really carry my dirt bike once in a blue moon and maybe furniture here and there but not often. How did your leaf pack do over the years? Any sagging? Rides good? I want it to maintain 3inch lift....

Thanks!

Products Discussed in

To Top