1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Install Seat Covers

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by pmo, Jan 24, 2008.

1. Jan 24, 2008 at 1:45 PM
    pmo

pmo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4, DC, 6 Speed Manual.
    Has anyone installed the seat covers from www.toyotapartsstore.com part#T917-T10, BUCKET SEAT COVERS. Is removal of the seats nessecary to install the bottom cover??

2. Jan 24, 2008 at 6:17 PM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    I clicked where it said enlarge picture and it just showed me the same damn pic in the ad. If they are anything like the TRD covers toyota sells, their is no need to remove the seat. Come to think of it, of all the seat covers I have installed in the past 20 yrs or so, I have never had to remove the seat. It seems to me that a seat cover is usually a user friendly product...meaning easy installation with little or no hassel at all!

3. Jan 24, 2008 at 10:58 PM
    dsds

dsds Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary AB
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC TRD Sport - Black Sand Pearl
    TacomaWorld sticker, DRL mod, running boards, roof rack, remote start / security alarm, marker/turn signal mod, map light with dome light mod, TRD seat covers, rear spring TSB
    I just did the Toyota TRD neoprene seat covers.

The trick is to put the tube in between the seat and back FIRST, then do the back then bottom.

If you follow the instructions that say back, tube, bottom, then you've got a struggle ahead.

4. Jan 25, 2008 at 7:47 AM
    pmo

pmo [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Vehicle:
    2007 Tacoma 4x4, DC, 6 Speed Manual.
    dsds..no tube with these. I got the back on(driver side) and holy s**t it was tight going, and looks good. They are apparently "custom made" The problerm is the seat and some velcro straps that need to go between the cushion and the plastic along the bottom, these fasten side to side, as well there are straps that buckle front to rear in a fashion like a motorcycle helmet strap...hence removing the seat or tipping it forward. I dunno...maybe I'm missing something, but yeah I agree seat covers are usually user friendly.

5. Jan 25, 2008 at 8:11 AM
    dsds

dsds Well-Known Member

Member:
    Calgary AB
    Vehicle:
    2008 DC TRD Sport - Black Sand Pearl
    TacomaWorld sticker, DRL mod, running boards, roof rack, remote start / security alarm, marker/turn signal mod, map light with dome light mod, TRD seat covers, rear spring TSB
    I think it's because things are always tighter in NS. My seat covers were very tight too. A real struggle that left my hands and fingers in pain.Maybe you can email the maker for help?

6. Jan 25, 2008 at 8:17 AM
    surfsupl

surfsupl Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Gregg
    WestCoast
    Vehicle:
    I DONT CARE IF IT'S A RE-POST
    Rear Diff Breather~ 5100's ~Fog Light Anytime~Tint~TRD Seat Covers~Weather Tech's~Pioneer H.U.~Lift~Eibach Springs~LED's......blah...blah...blah
    Will it make it any easier to remove the plastic around the bottom of the seat?...Well come to think of it, when had to remove the plastic around my seats in my 2000 prerunner, I had to remove the seat. Well for all of you that have removed toyota seats b4 its fairly simple. 4 bolts and maybe the wire that connects to the seatbelt chime!....Looks like from what you discribed above about the velcro straps that you may have to remove the seats. Is their any way to install a "S" hook on the end of that strap and hook it underneith the seat some where???

7. Mar 24, 2008 at 11:13 AM
    calbadose

calbadose Active Member

Member:
    Carbondale, CO
    Vehicle:
    01 Double Cab TRD Supercharged!
    2.5" lift, grill guard, topper, cat-back exhaust, TRD supercharger, 10" woofer, MTX amp, Pioneer head unit, yakima rack, bedrug, k&n air filter
    Just wondering if you or anyone has installed the part #T918-N16 for the rear 60/40 bench? How does it look? Material quality, comfort, value, etc.?

I am thinking about the TRD covers for the front and the T918-N16 for the rear bench.

Any input would be much appreciated.

-Cal

Products Discussed in

To Top