1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Install shops for Sliders West Phoenix

Discussion in 'Arizona' started by PonderosaTaco, Mar 18, 2023.

1. Mar 18, 2023 at 3:53 PM
    PonderosaTaco

PonderosaTaco [OP] Saul / SolaceTacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Saul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2021DCSB Silver Metallic Tacoma TRD Sport 4WD
    Ironman 4x4 FoamPro cell 3in Methods on 33s Bodyamor 4x4 bumper BMC More incoming
    I'm in west Phoenix and was wondering if anyone has a shop to install rock sliders. I have them at my house but don't have the tools necessary. They're Body Armor 4x4 sliders. Thanks

2. Mar 20, 2023 at 1:03 AM
    RichochetRabbit

RichochetRabbit Ping Ping Ping

Member:
    I only know about a couple of east Valley shops ... think US 60 and 87/Arizona/Country Club.

I watched the install video. A 1/2 in socket and a couple of metric sockets for the bolts ... or a "breaker bar" which takes sockets but does not ratchet so you can dig into the twist. They referenced a "magnet stick" which could be made with neodiniums (or standard magnets of the hard-grab of neodiniums scares you) from HobbyLobby/Lowes/etc and a dense-wood (poplar, oak) stick from Lowes. And AutoZone said you can "rent" a torque wrench by paying full price, then returning when done using ... they said it is standard practice. Or you might want to keep the torque wrench.

Add some ramps to lift the truck ("either have a friend help or jack up the vehicle for easier access" ... that from the video).

I am not opposed to helping, in return for some help installing 35-50 lb skid plates, but you can do this by yourself if you have the skills but just lack the tools in your garage.

Maybe someone else will read this thread and offer to save you from my inexperience-but-still-mechanically-inclined assistance for less than the shop will charge.

3. Mar 31, 2023 at 1:59 PM
    trussdude

trussdude Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoria, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2016 TRD Off Road
  4. Mar 31, 2023 at 3:10 PM
    PonderosaTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Saul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Ironman 4x4 FoamPro cell 3in Methods on 33s Bodyamor 4x4 bumper BMC More incoming
    Yeah even googling the place pops up as a bad link

5. Mar 31, 2023 at 3:36 PM
    RichochetRabbit

Member:
    They are a muffler shop, but they seem good and honest so maybe they will help ... Scottsdale Muffler, 1879 E Third, Tempe. They can also reroute the exhaust pipe that curls under the transfer case and remove the low-clearance risk (30 minutes, $93).

Good luck.

6. Mar 31, 2023 at 3:44 PM
    PonderosaTaco

Member:
    First Name:
    Saul
    Phoenix, AZ
    Vehicle:
    Thank you, I'll look into them!

7. Mar 31, 2023 at 3:55 PM
    RichochetRabbit

Member:
    It still looks to me like a 1/2 and/or 3/8 in ratchet or 1/2 breaker bar, sockets, magnets for a magnet stick, torque wrench, car ramps and a friend ... and a few scraped knuckles.

It is not like a 4 hour install on a Saturday in Phoenix west valley is a bad day.

Products Discussed in

To Top