1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

installed 5100s on my 06 today...

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by comajoe, Apr 11, 2010.

1. Apr 11, 2010 at 7:51 PM
    comajoe

comajoe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    rougemont, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma sr5
    this site was a big help,although for the DIYers out there i found a simpler route to remove the coilover. if it has been mentioned in a past post i applogize. instead of removing the tie rod end link or removing the spindle drop arm thing from the upper control arm, just use a 10mm and a 12mm socket and take the bolts out of the brackets for the brake lines to the spindle drop arm. be careful since the 12mm bracket has a hard line on it. i was able to slip the coilover through the loose brake lines. of course i did this after wasting an hour trying to get the tie rod off...
    it took me 3 hrs on the first side and 45 minutes on the other. the bigggest PITA was getting the lower strut mount into the cup...:mad:

hope this helped.
    now gotta get the aals in...

2. Apr 11, 2010 at 8:28 PM
    Iankaf

Iankaf Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ian
    Virginia
    Vehicle:
    01 4x4 Double Cab
    sounds just like my day. hope i find the time to get aals in tomorrow. stock in the rear with 3 inches up front looks pretty ugly outside my house right now!

3. Apr 13, 2010 at 8:19 PM
    comajoe

comajoe [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    rougemont, NC
    Vehicle:
    06 tacoma sr5
    did the toytec NON tsb aal in the back today. took 6 hrs and alot of f&%$ing cussing but i got it in.

tip: while howto on this site shows both rear wheels removed....do it. i tried to leave the opposite side tire on but ended up costing me about 1 hr screwing with trying to align the spring and axle.

truck rides much better, stiffer like my old 83 yota:eek:

To Top