1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed AFE Pro Dry S Filter

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by NeoMoose, Jan 29, 2010.

1. Jan 29, 2010 at 8:44 AM
    NeoMoose

NeoMoose [OP] Possibly Batman

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2010 PreRunner DC TRD O.R.
    Kenwood eXcelon X993, Kenwood KFC-1693PS (Front), Kenwood KFC-G1620 (Rear), Luverne Black Nerf Bars, OEM Brush Guard, AFE Pro Dry S Drop-In, Some kickass wheel locks, Removed front mud flaps, All windows tinted, Anti-theft tailgate mod
    Installed it yesterday afternoon after picking it up from AutoAnything. The throttle does seem a tad bit more responsive but overall I can't really tell that much of a difference.

The only thing that I really dig about it so far is that before I put it in the engine had a high pitched whine through the intake and now that the new filter is in that whine has become very subdued, and the engine noise seems to be just a little more pleasant.

That is all.

2. Jan 29, 2010 at 8:47 AM
    Toyota Truck

Toyota Truck Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    JT
    Texas
    Vehicle:
    2008 Prerunnner
    Magnaflow Muffler-TSB springs-Nuvi 265wt-aFe pro dry s filter-Husky Liners-Blue dome light-extra d-rings-OME 90000 sport struts-885 coils-N182 shocks-TSB AAL-LR UCAs-procomp black alloy rims- nitto terra grapplers-20% tint
    Yeah, I felt the same way about mine. To keep it as clean as possible I vacuum mine every oil change.

Products Discussed in

To Top