1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed Downey Headers

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by 95.5taco, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Apr 8, 2008 at 11:47 AM
    95.5taco

95.5taco [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central Canada
    Vehicle:
    1995.5 sr5 extcab
    air raid cold air intake, throttle body spacer, rear 2.5" add-a-leafs, downey headers, dynomax ultroflo muffler,new carbon fiber tail lights, warn transformer grille guard, Alpine mp3 player,Kicker competition speakers. Rancho 5000 shocks
    Hey I finally got my headers installed, they are from Downey Offroad. The muffler guy said they fit like a glove, took more time to get the old manifolds off than to install. They sound a little more aggressive but not much different, however next mod will be putting a freeflow cat and better muffler. So far I noticed my gas milage is a little bettter and I have a little more power in the mid range. The only thing I am starting to wonder about is, the cost just to buy and install the headers. So far I am looking at just shy of $1000 bucks. The cold air intake and spacer has pretty much paid for itself however it may take awhile for the exhaust to pay for itself, only time will tell when i get the rest of the exhaust done.....

2. Apr 9, 2008 at 2:14 PM
    RIO5.0

RIO5.0 Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    99 Taco
    Sweet...I been thinking of scamming a set of those...

Products Discussed in

To Top