1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installed the GROM USB/IPod kit....seems finicky

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Priddle, Feb 12, 2011.

1. Feb 12, 2011 at 5:01 PM
    Priddle

Priddle [OP] And now for something completely different....

Member:
    St. John's, NL Canada
    Vehicle:
    2014 Tacoma 4x4 TRD Sport DCSB
    Current: Pelfreybilt front and rear bumpers, winch, icon front coils/shocks, Icon rear shocks, Dakar leafs, Camberg UCAs, Pumpkin Android stereo, custom sub box w/ 2x10" RF subs and Kicker amp, short shifter kit, Fuel Beast 18" wheels w/ 1mm offset, BFG AT2 285/65/18
    I installed the kit a few days ago with ease. I uploaded some playlists to a 2GB USB stick to try it out. It's cool how it works. But a few things don't seem right:

1) the volume is low. I use MediaMonkey to organize my songs and sync to devlices so to make up for the low volume, I set up my sync to the memory stick so that is increases the volume of the MP3. That seemed to help.

2) skipping back tracks seems to freeze playback. I have to turn off the stereo and turn it on again to resume. This happens more than it doesn't.

3) It may be me but I don't think it always resumes a song where it left off while the truck is off.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks

2. Feb 12, 2011 at 5:05 PM
    crf69

crf69 scraping my emblems off my plasti-dip

Member:
    First Name:
    Ryan
    Ohio
    Vehicle:
    06 TRD OR BSP cab'n 1/2
    ummm yeah
    mine is a POS....the plug does not fit well and i have to bend the grom plug so it will fit tightly into the ipod.....then it works fine.....i must do this about once a month rebending the plug......i am throwing it in the trash one day........

Products Discussed in

To Top