1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing 5100s and other lift stuff this weekend.

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by goufcustom, Apr 10, 2012.

1. Apr 10, 2012 at 5:20 AM
    goufcustom

goufcustom [OP] 7.62x63mm

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    EDIT: I can't decide where to set everything, I think I want to do my eibach's with 5100s set at 0, with the 1/4" top plate spacer on the driver side, and then my rear set up with a 1.5" AAL, no TSB, and a 3/8" spacer on the drivers side to get rid of rear Taco lean. I have a DCSB 4x4, and hoping that this set up would sit level or close to level.

Thoughts?

I am getting ready to install my lift kit on my 2006 TRD Off Road DCSB 4x4 this weekend. I have all the parts or they are on a UPS/FedEx truck to be here tomorrow, but I had a few questions.

I am going to take a look at all of my bushings front and rear, no plan to replace the, just inspect them and then replace the following weekend if needed. I also plan to put lots of anti seize grease on the bushings when I put it all back together.

Anyway, the questions I have is, since I will be under there and pulling a bit off my truck, is there anything else that I should be looking at, checking, greasing, inspecting or replacing? I know the old saying it it isnt broke dont fix it, but the truck has 100k miles on it, so there is always the potential to find worn out parts or somethings that should just be replaced instead of letting it go until failure and have to take it to a dealer and get bent over in parts and labor fees...

Also, how do you know how tight to make the nut on the front struts? I have read several install guides and threads but no one says how far down to tighten the top nut on the strut once the coil is compressed and the top plate and washers are installed...? :confused:

Thanks

2. Apr 10, 2012 at 5:25 AM
    tacoftw

tacoftw 5100s are the same price as spacers, seriously

Member:
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab 4x4
    5100s, camburg arms, toytec AAL, 285s on m/t 17x9
    Grease everything that has a fitting on it...you'll want to look at all of the bushings, check the ball joints and tie rods..good luck on the install! I just did the same on mine..it's really easy. Pics when it's all done!

3. Apr 10, 2012 at 6:03 AM
    goufcustom

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB

Thanks, I got semi-new stock UCA to replace my 100k mile + ones, this way I dont have to press new bushings in, and I get a new ball joint. So the plan is to grease all the bushings and inspect them all, since my passenger side was a little stiff when I did my spacer lift about 2k miles ago, and now I am going in to do it all correctly and take the top place spacers out.

If I was to pull the wheel bearing, not replace it, but can you put grease in there? or is this a waste of time or not recommended?

I also plan to turn my rotors if I have time.

4. Apr 10, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    tacoftw

Member:
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab 4x4
    I'm pretty sure they're sealed bearings, but honestly I'm not sure. never looked at em.

make sure you wait to tighten the control arm bolts until the truck is back on the ground on its own weight. they should be stiff, thats how they're designed.

5. Apr 10, 2012 at 12:49 PM
    tacoftw

Member:
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab 4x4
    I'm pretty sure they're sealed bearings, but honestly I'm not sure. never looked at em.

make sure you wait to tighten the control arm bolts until the truck is back on the ground on its own weight. they should be stiff, thats how they're designed.

6. Apr 10, 2012 at 12:50 PM
    tacoftw

Member:
    McDonough, GA
    Vehicle:
    05 Double Cab 4x4

7. Apr 20, 2012 at 1:52 PM
    goufcustom

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    MD
    Vehicle:
    2021 4x4 TRD Sport DCLB
    I can't decide where to set everything, I think I want to do my eibach's with 5100s set at 0, with the 1/4" top plate spacer on the driver side, and then my rear set up with a 1.5" AAL, no TSB, and a 3/8" spacer on the drivers side to get rid of rear Taco lean. I have a DCSB 4x4, and hoping that this set up would sit level or close to level.

Thoughts?

8. Apr 21, 2012 at 7:51 AM
    DDD

DDD Shine bright like a hymen

Member:
    First Name:
    Derek
    Santa Clarita, CA
    Front sounds good.

But, 3/8 inch spacer in the rear?

Just put the 1/4 inch spacer in the front. You will be fine. No need for a spacer in the rear.

Oh and the bearings are sealed. Not greasable.

Products Discussed in

To Top