1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Installing a 3rd brake light on a 2000 sr5

Discussion in '1st Gen. Tacomas (1995-2004)' started by Mooseyjay, Nov 25, 2011.

1. Nov 25, 2011 at 9:19 PM
    Mooseyjay

Mooseyjay [OP] New Member

Member:
    Alberta, Canada
    Vehicle:
    00 Tacoma SR5
    So I bought a new 3rd brake light and Iim wondering how to remove the old brake light. Do I need to remove the upholstery or just pry it off?

2. Nov 25, 2011 at 10:32 PM
    hayabusa3303

hayabusa3303 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    florence sc
    Vehicle:
    95.5 taco 4x4
    ARB bumper, warn 9.5 winch. carbon fiber hood. Leer top with thule racks and MOAB from thule. Electric fans, blue sea fuse block, Sony dvd Head unit, Xm tuner and HD tuner. New carpet and new racing seats. ( other half doesnt like them i think). Nwor springs and adjustable coil overs. Sky jacker rear shocks. Slot and drilled rotors. Engine Titanium ceramic coated headers, no cat, jba cat back. URD Rear Sensor Simulator. Leds all around and inside cab and HID H4 hi/lo beams.
    i know in my 95.5 taco i had to remove the screws holding the lens on and then drill out the tabs. they look like little hills with circles. drill out small and work your way up it doesnt take long.

I forgot what year i think its 2005 and above you have to go tho the headliner. ( some one chime in on that one my memory is not that great at this second).

Im guessing your putting in leds?

3. Nov 25, 2011 at 10:36 PM
    fireturk41

fireturk41 I like to break shit!

Member:
    First Name:
    Kevin
    High Point, NC
    Vehicle:
    280k miles
    SAS, Locked front rear, Ufab sliders and bumpers, air compressor, 35" BFG KM2 on steelies and 36" TSLs

Products Discussed in

To Top