1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

INSTALLING FOGLIGHTS

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by Sam345, Feb 24, 2017.

1. Feb 24, 2017 at 9:56 PM
    Sam345

Sam345 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2013 Toyota Tacoma
    Hi. I was wondering if someone can help me. I have a toyota tacoma 2013. I purchased a pair of aftermarket foglights. Its a complete kit with the lights and everything (relay etc). If someone could walk me through on how to wire it or just give me an idea. (My tacoma is not pre-wired). Please. Thanks im advance.

IMG_9174.jpg

2. Feb 25, 2017 at 4:44 AM
    buyobuyo

buyobuyo Read The Fucking Manual

Member:
    First Name:
    Jeremy
    Camden, AR
    Vehicle:
    08 PreRunner SR5, I4, Manual, Silver
    A thing or two...
    The relay will mount under the hood. Use one of the threaded holes in the driver's side fender. I used the hole right behind the fuse box. I pulled a bolt from another spot to find the right size to get at the hardware store. I don't remember if it's M6 or M8.

There will be a wire that connects directly to the battery through a 15A fuse. This provides power for the lights. There's another wire that you run through the firewall to the switch. This is the trigger for the relay to turn the fog lights on/off.

The switch will have 3 connections on it. Power, ground, and the trigger. Most people just put an add-a-circuit to one of the fuses under the dash that is only hot when the truck is on. Ground goes to ground obviously. The trigger wire connects to the wire you ran through the firewall. This configuration allows you to turn on the fog lights whenever the truck is on which is similar to the popular fog light anytime mod.

I wired mine to act like the factory fog lights, so they only turn on when the low beams are on and turn off when the high beams are activated. To do this I put the add-a-circuit on one of the low beam fuses in the under hood fuse box to provide 12 volts to the dash switch. It required me to run 2 wires through the firewall instead of one, which wasn't a problem.

Products Discussed in

To Top