1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Intake Manifold Spacer 4.0l Coming!

Discussion in 'Performance and Tuning' started by highaltitude, Feb 6, 2012.

1. emelianenkov

emelianenkov Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Andover, MA
    Vehicle:
    Fuck you, its a Toyota regardless :D
    Bilstein 5100/Eibach springs/.5" top plate spacer. Rear icon springs. (2) 4" (1) 42" LED bars, Magnaflow, K&N CAI, 1/2" XTP IMS, "Custom Cap" installed by factory :D, TRD stickers (Instantly gained extra HP), Pioneer Audio all around, 200w sub amp
    I just bought one from your site for the group buy price. Where do I sign up so you don't kick me off? Lol

Thanks! Can't wait to try it out and see what happens

Also, any pics of the Fast Red? That's what I bought.

2. p05x

p05x Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    paul
    mass
    Vehicle:
    05 xrunner
    Not enough yet.....
    Any updates op?

3. highaltitude

highaltitude [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Asheville, NC
    Airaid Quickfit CAI w/AEM dry filter, XTP I.M.S., 2* Advance,TB Screen mod, Magnaflow Y-pipe, SuperChips Cortex, JBA Headers
    I am waiting..like you. I will update asap once I know something. I am the "little fish" in a big pond. Hoping the shop calls me soon!

4. emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Andover, MA
    Vehicle:
    Bilstein 5100/Eibach springs/.5" top plate spacer. Rear icon springs. (2) 4" (1) 42" LED bars, Magnaflow, K&N CAI, 1/2" XTP IMS, "Custom Cap" installed by factory :D, TRD stickers (Instantly gained extra HP), Pioneer Audio all around, 200w sub amp
    Can't wait!

Does this go between the black intake and the block? Sorry for the noob question, I just haven't messed with my 1GR that much

5. mloco575

mloco575 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    CT
    Vehicle:
    2011 TRD Sport DC long bed
    So the next step is the dyno runs right?

6. WailuaTaco808

WailuaTaco808 808 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Kauai///Oahu-sometimes
    Vehicle:
    2010 Tacoma TRD SPORT Kauai Built
    i put some money into this Toy
    id call that shop every day.... they might think its annoying but it will light a fire under their ass. show em u mean business $$$

7. joneill03

joneill03 Look away, I'm hideous!

Member:
    First Name:
    Johnny-5
    Chantilly, VA
    Vehicle:
    Silver 2010 OR
    Hopefully once he gets the batch done we can get a date set up and I'll be able to come down and do before/after runs on my truck. I'm more than willing to help, just need to make sure my schedule is clear whenever that is :cool:

8. PMK

PMK Well-Known Member

Member:
    Florida
    Vehicle:
    10 DCLB TRD Sport
    White, debadged, Mudflaps removed, ICON 2.5 in front, 2.0 in rear, all 4 corners have reservoirs, Spidertrax wheel spacers all around, BAMF bolt on sliders, Avid lightbar, oem transmission cooler converted to power steering cooler, aftermarket transmission cooler eliminating all oem transmission cooler stuff, remote mounted spin on transmission fluid filter TrueTrac rear differential, rear diff housing vented and filtered into left side bed box, URD MAF calibrator, Volant intake scoop into oem airbox, second filter removed, airbox internals smoothed, blended and polished throttle body, NST intake manifold spacer, Wet Okolee set covers, WeatherTech Digital Fit mats, inexpensive JVC single DIN, Scangage, AVS Stepshield door sill protectors
    Smetimes this works, but honestly, it can just cause problems.

If they have 5 axis machines already running jobs, they seldom will interupt another job to slide in a small low value job.

When I worked for a large aircraft repair station, management had this similar attitude that they whould go to the front of the line. The shop laughed. I knew they would since we had one simple job, the job that would have been bumped was making all the molds for injection molding a certain cell phone.

They will get the job done in good time. The price the OP is charging seems reasonable also.

PK

9. WailuaTaco808

WailuaTaco808 808 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Kauai///Oahu-sometimes
    Vehicle:
    yeah there is always that risk too ^^^ good lookin out PMK

10. emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Andover, MA
    Vehicle:
    Wonder if this will fit with a SC....

11. Pugga

Pugga Pasti-Dip Free Since 1983

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Check out XRU, it'll work with the URD but the TRD takes some modification to make work.

12. Torspd

Torspd Tor-nication

Member:
    First Name:
    Tor
    Houston
    Vehicle:
    MMVI 4.4L 4x4 Access Cab
    Torspd Custom Turbo kit [] Borg Warner 9180EFR Turbo [] ProEFI Pro128 EMS [] TiAL Q BOV [] TiAL V44 Wastegate @ 15psi [] CP Pistons [] CP Carrillo Rods [] ARP Head studs [] ARP Main Studs [] ARP Header - Head Studs [] Ported Heads w/ 1mm oversized valves intake/exhaust [] Brian Crower Forged Stroker Crank [] Darton M.I.D. Sleeved Block [] Kelford Camshafts [] Torspd 170* T-stat mod [] APR Large Fuel Rail [] Aeromotive Stealth 340 LPH Fuel Pump [] FueLab FPR [] APR T56 Conversion Kit [] KP RACING Built T56 [] McLeod Racing Custom Twin Disk Clutch [] One Piece Aluminum Driveshaft [] MGW Shifter [] Custom lowering kit [] Ohlins Front Coilovers [] QA1rear shocks [] Custom Ron Davis Radiator [] Dual SPAL Electric Fans []
    Anything is possible with money. For the TRD S/C you would need to get a different hood due to the s/c hitting the hood. You would also need a custom belt, and front bracket.

13. Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    Custom hoods are expensive... Sawzalls are cheap :cool:

14. emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Andover, MA
    Vehicle:
    Well that's good! I'll add extra HP to my SC haha :p

Crap. Forgot about extra height

15. yota243

yota243 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E.J.
    north Alabama
    Vehicle:
    05 prerunner trd off road DC
    Red hot glass pack muffler dumped preaxle raptor liner bed and top rails and fenderflares and rocker panels. Hunter side steps. Plasti-dipped upper fenders and emblems. satin black spray paint here and there inside and out. 5100's set to 1.75" up front and modified zuk mod coil spring lift for about 2" in rear paired with 5100 also. C channel front bumper.
    Could this be the first real use for the slewp, hood vaulting?

16. Pugga

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Massachusetts
    Vehicle:
    '13 Ford F-150 SCREW
    F-150 Mod
    :laugh: possibly!

17. worthywads

worthywads Well-Known Member

Member:
    Peoples Republic of Boulder
    Vehicle:
    05 5-lug access I4 Stick, 70 Challenger Vert
    Why would you want to?

This spacer "potentially" improves the naturally aspirated intake flow at lower rpm by increasing the length. With a supercharger no need to play with intake port length. Shorter is better.

18. emelianenkov

Member:
    First Name:
    Alex
    Andover, MA
    Vehicle:
    This is a mod I can have now. The supercharger will be in a year at the least

19. WailuaTaco808

WailuaTaco808 808 Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Phil
    Kauai///Oahu-sometimes
    Vehicle:
    so am i out 200 dollars or is anything coming... i am sure im not the only one but this customer is growing a lil impatient - just a friendly (for now) fyi.

gunna need some updates

20. highaltitude

highaltitude [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Asheville, NC
    Airaid Quickfit CAI w/AEM dry filter, XTP I.M.S., 2* Advance,TB Screen mod, Magnaflow Y-pipe, SuperChips Cortex, JBA Headers
    Here is an update. Well, Unfortunately, I'm ticked. The shop told me a couple weeks (a couple weeks ago). I called again yesterday, and he told me "when I first talked with you about the work on this spacer, 'I thought how was I going to keep my guys busy working, so I took the work' " "however since then, we got absolutely bombarded with other clients work", "I will have your parts within the next 2 weeks". Needless to say I'm pissed, but am stuck in a position. They will definitely get produced and shipped, but we got bumped for bigger customers. Trust me I pester the crap out of everyone, so it's not for lack of my trying. Sorry for the unexciting news...

To Top