1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Intense 5.5 EVP Build

Discussion in 'Other Builds' started by 186000mps, Jan 16, 2012.

1. 113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    va
    Vehicle:
    05 4 banger
    tint 35/20 colormatched (by me) grill.
    you love that picture haha...i dont blame you hahaha

the build is look sweet! looks like its going to be a blast to ride!

2. NYCO

NYCO ┌∩┐‹(ಠ_ಠ)›┌∩┐

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    were you able to find stock parts with that red color already on them? or did you have to have them customized to match the red?

:drool:

3. 186000mps

186000mps [OP] ..Slingin' up mud and we're scarying off bunnies..

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma V6 4WD
    Bilstein 5100's, Toytec front adjustable coilover kit, Exporear leafs, Fox resi rears, Slotted & Drilled front rotors, 33x12.50 BFG ATs on Outlaw II 15 x 10s, Bushwacker cutout flares, K&N cold air intake with aluminum sheathing water baffles, ARB bumper with XD9000 winch with wireless remote, IPF 900XS lights, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, Rhino bed liner, UWS gullwing toolbox with tools and recovery gear. 48" Hi-Lift Jack secured under toolbox.
    Mostly stock parts, but my red Hope rotors were a special order. I picked them up thru Monkamoo.com.
    Most of the rest of the stuff I got thru Cambria Bike, Price Point and Huck n Roll.
    I did do quite a bit of searching to find all the parts, but I wasn't in a big hurry either. Typically I would print out the details for he parts I wanted, and put them in a Wish pile. When someone who carried that part had a sale, I would buy it then.

4. NYCO

NYCO ┌∩┐‹(ಠ_ಠ)›┌∩┐

Member:
    First Name:
    bOb
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    Blue Betty - '06 TRD OR
    dents & scratches
    that's awesome man..mad props to you on the great looking build :thumbsup:

makes me want to start modding my bike now with new parts :D

5. Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    Awesome update man! Looks rad!

6. 186000mps

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma V6 4WD
    Bilstein 5100's, Toytec front adjustable coilover kit, Exporear leafs, Fox resi rears, Slotted & Drilled front rotors, 33x12.50 BFG ATs on Outlaw II 15 x 10s, Bushwacker cutout flares, K&N cold air intake with aluminum sheathing water baffles, ARB bumper with XD9000 winch with wireless remote, IPF 900XS lights, Flowmaster cat-back exhaust, Rhino bed liner, UWS gullwing toolbox with tools and recovery gear. 48" Hi-Lift Jack secured under toolbox.
    Thanks, I hope to put in a few more hours in this weekend.
    I had forgotten all about the cable/housing for the fork lock out, I still need to order another set up to match the derailleur housing.

7. Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Debadged, custom emblem, Husky liners, custom bedrail Yak Trak setup with load bars, , BakFlip Fibermax, OME 3" lift with LightRacing UCAs
    eh, when do you ever need to l/o a fork?

8. 186000mps

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma V6 4WD
    First fork with one so I can't tell ya from experience...my thoughts would be on the climbs. Nothing flat out here, either up or down.

9. 113tac

113tac Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Stephen
    va
    Vehicle:
    05 4 banger
    tint 35/20 colormatched (by me) grill.
    Like he said its mostly for climbing. I use mine when I ride on the road too

10. 186000mps

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma V6 4WD
    Finally finished the build !
    Took it out for the first ride.
    [​IMG]

No mechanical issues at all, sweet ride !

11. NEKMTB

NEKMTB Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    John
    NEK Vermont
    Vehicle:
    2012 5spd.
    None yet
    Sweet ride! where do you ride?

12. 186000mps

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma V6 4WD
    Primarily at Pine Hill in Rutland.
    There are lots of dirt roads out this way that I can ride to from my door too. I will be hitting Killington this summer, but plan on going up to Moosamaloo and the Kingdom/Burke trails as well.

13. holyfield19

holyfield19 GO TIGERS!

Member:
    First Name:
    Bob
    South Carolina
    Vehicle:
    06 DC TRD SR5 Sport 4X4
    LED lights inside and out,weathertech floor covers/window visors, 18" XD Monsters, 285/65 Nitto Trail Grapplers, Lifted, debadged, Black billet grille with 4" light inserts. 10 disc cd changer. scanguage II. black tail lights, black headlights w/ retro murimotos. wet okoles up front. URD SS, and throw out bearing. USA Spec iPod adapter. OME full lift kit w/ Dakars. ATO shackle flip. Light Racing UCA's. Flyzeye V2W.
    I absolutly love Killington, never rode there though. Used to go skiing there with my parents from 6-18yrs old. I used to DH Mt. bike up at a place called Platakill (i think thats the name), and a few times at smuggs. Now I live in S.C., i don't get up there as often as I would like.

14. sportsterchop200

sportsterchop200 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Cental Florida
    Vehicle:
    03 TRD Tacoma 4x4
    OME 881, Bilstein 5100 @ 0", OME 10mm JK spacer, Stock rear on 265/70-16
    Nice bike, truck and pictures. I didn't see it in your build but if you haven't already, you can cut the seat post the same as you did your bars and fork stem to save a few more ounces if your concerned about that.

15. 186000mps

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma V6 4WD
    Thanks, I'm not too concerned about weight, my racing days are pretty much over. But good call on the seatpost.
    I love this bike..its pretty much point and shoot. I used to be very precise on my lines down hill, now it doesn't really matter, it takes the small and big stuff equally...if I want to go over a boulder field..well ok, no big deal. Now I just gotta get the $$$ for a Go-Pro.

16. 186000mps

Member:
    First Name:
    Charles
    Wimberley, TX
    Vehicle:
    01 Tacoma V6 4WD
    Some more picts out on the trail
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. Airun

Airun Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Aaron
    Show Me State
    Vehicle:
    TRD sport, DCLB, 4wd
    Looks like a great time. Nothing better man. I'm itching to get out east for some riding sometime.
    The new Tracer with tweener wheels looks sick.

18. FLtaco24

FLtaco24 Just a man and his truck

Member:
    First Name:
    JJ
    Daytona Beach/South FL
    Vehicle:
    09 PreRunner SR5
    Stock for now
    :drool: that bike is sick. Sweet build.

19. Nielsen23

Nielsen23 Well-Known Member