1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interchangeable pods/spots?

Discussion in 'Lighting' started by geoff325, Feb 12, 2018.

1. Feb 12, 2018 at 6:20 PM
    geoff325

geoff325 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Big Horn Basin
    Vehicle:
    Raptor
    I have a 2017 Sport and just purchased a 2018 Can-Am X3 Rs Turbo. I want to get some ditch lights for my truck. I want to get lights for my UTV. I want to get a new ADS suspension for my truck....all this stuff adds up fast. My question is - is something like that @bajadesigns pods interchangeable? For example, could I wire both my UTV and Truck and switch back and forth? Right now it is hard to justify spending 400 bucks for pods for both. Yes I know there is a difference between the pro and squadron when it comes to street driving. Has anyone done anything like that? Does the wiring just insert right at the pod making it this easy?

2. Feb 12, 2018 at 10:32 PM
    03 NIGHT TACO

03 NIGHT TACO Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jack
    Eastern Washington
    Vehicle:
    3.4 5 speed TRD
    Kings/Dakars/ARB
    You mean move the lights between your truck and your Can-Am? It wouldn't be too hard... just get two wiring kits (so one can be permanently installed in each vehicle) and then all you'd have to do is unplug the connector and transfer the light itself with the mounting bracket between vehicles. Most nicer pods will have a connector and it would be easy if you had wiring in both.

3. Feb 13, 2018 at 6:42 AM
    Baja Designs

Baja Designs The Scientist of Lighting Vendor

Member:
    San Marcos, CA
    Thanks for posting up and congrats on the X3!

Our lights come with quick disconnecting connectors if you want to transfer the lights between vehicles. This would be very easy for you to do and the only thing that would remain on each vehicle is the wiring harness. If you're looking for X3 specific mounting solutions we do have some great options:
    https://www.bajadesigns.com/products/Can-Am-Maverick-Lighting-Kits.asp

[​IMG]

for your Tacoma I would recommend either of the following harnesses depending on if your lights have a 2-Pin or 3-Pin connector. This will have enough length to reach the ditch light brackets without requiring modification.

2-Pin Wiring Harness, On/OFF, 150W Max (S2/Squadron)

3-Pin Wiring Harness, On/OFF, 150W Max (XL)

Depending on where you mount the lights on the X3 the above harnesses will work as well!

We do offer a 10% Forum Discount + $5 shipping to the Lower 48 if you want to save a little $! Coupon Code: BDForums

Post up if you have any other questions!

-Bailey, Baja Designs
    www.bajadesigns.co

4. Feb 13, 2018 at 7:12 AM
    geoff325

geoff325 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Big Horn Basin
    Vehicle:
    Raptor
    Awesome response, I appreciate it - this is why I will be ordering from Baja Designs!

Products Discussed in

To Top