1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Interior Emergency Lighting - Where and How to mount?

Discussion in '3rd Gen. Tacomas (2016-2023)' started by matt636, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Jan 18, 2017 at 8:28 PM
    matt636

matt636 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Central, IL
    Vehicle:
    2017 TRD Sport 4x4 DCSB Inferno
    Fellow Bro's, I need some advice. With me being a first responder, I run emergency lights. I have two visor lights that I think I'll be able to mount using the existing sun visor mounts by sliding my mounts between the headliner and existing mounts. should be relatively easy...

my problem is, I have a 36" stick to put in the back window, somewhere? I'm not into drilling new holes and all about using what's existing! With that said, does anyone have any idea's? I thought about utilizing the coat hooks, but 2 things concern me about that. one, they seem flimsy, and two I'm worried about my passengers headroom. Is there anywhere to mount it below the window?

I'm open to any thoughts/suggestions and am hoping I'm not the first one tackling this. A lot of you bro's out there really get creative and do some great work. I'm hoping I just haven't run across the right thread yet :)

One last thing, do we have anywhere in the interior that offers constant power?

Thanks for any and all advice!

Brokinarrow likes this.
  2. Jan 18, 2017 at 9:44 PM
    MeefZah

MeefZah -----------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 4R ORP
    In my 2012 AC, I had 4 synched red LED grille lights (similar to Whelen TIR3s, but an off brand), a front facing synched red LED headliner light, and 100W siren mounted under the seat, and wired to switches near the cupholders. I had nothing in the rear, mainly because it was a bit of a PITA and my vehicle code didn't require it.

Sadly, I have no pics with the lights.

There is no spot to draw constant 12VDC power at the interior fuse box. Your best bet is to go straight to battery, even for a low amp project like an LED stick.

I think if I were doing it now, and was going to have rear warning, I'd just do 2 TIR3s on a license plate bracket and call it done. Clean, inexpensive, easy, no permanent modifications. And / or, if you don't use the bed a lot, maybe a waterproof smaller LED stick mounted to the factory tonneau cover holes in the top middle of the front wall of the bed, you could run the wiring neatly between cab and bed. The 2017 has monster tail lights so maybe some HAW LEDs in there, with any one of those things you'd have a decent rear warning setup.

Without laying eyes on a DC back seat and your particular bar, I don't have a specific suggestion for that install.

matt636[OP] likes this.
  3. Jan 19, 2017 at 12:59 PM
    smikels

smikels Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Shane
    Suffolk, Virginia
    There is constant power in the inside fusebox at the empty slot on the inside in my 2017. I used this for some extra interior lighting.

matt636[OP] likes this.
  4. Jan 19, 2017 at 1:08 PM
    MeefZah

MeefZah -----------

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    Lexington, Ohio
    Vehicle:
    '24 4R ORP
    Hmm... I stand corrected, maybe? That's good info.

Products Discussed in

To Top