1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Intermittent (bad) knocking noise

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Blue09, Aug 10, 2009.

1. Aug 10, 2009 at 3:02 PM
    Blue09

Blue09 [OP] New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Jim
    Napa CA
    Vehicle:
    09 O/R TRD
    stock
    OK, just rolled over 4K on the ODO and love, really love this truck. I am however very concerned about a loud knocking (crank type noise) That has only happened 3 times now. The first time it happened I shut the engine down and looked under the hood to make sure a cat or something wasnt in the fan area. The second time I just waited until it went away whick took about three minutes. The third time I shut it down and looked under the hood again. I really dont know what I was looking for but I figured what the heck. The noise goes away after 3 or 4 minutes and has only happened three times. Its happened twice with the original oil and once with the new Mobile1. I live in Napa CA so cold weather not an issue. I did stop by the dealership and he said they would have a very hard time pinning down the problem, I agreed... Anyone else notice this issue? Thanks much.

2. Nov 24, 2010 at 8:52 PM
    beaver_scott

beaver_scott Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    scott
    renton, wa
    Vehicle:
    2015 inferno trd pro
    vent shades, tinted windows, clear bra, pop n lock tail gate lock, anytime fog light mod.
    ive never had that problem in my yota but my wife has a kia sorento and i occassionaly will hear a knocking noise.....narrowed it down to the blower motor for the defroster....just a loose fan or something.

Products Discussed in

To Top