1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Intermittent front end shake post Camburg Spindle Install

Discussion in 'Technical Chat' started by TacoLife08, Jun 15, 2012.

1. Jun 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM
    TacoLife08

TacoLife08 [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    GA
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD Rugged Trail SR5
    Camburg 4' Spindles, top plate spacers, 2" AAL, 285/75R/16 Terra Grapplers, Tinted Windows, Black Riveted Grille, Black Spyder Halo Healights/Tailights, FlowMaster 40 Exhaust, NFab Side Steps, Blacked out Skid Plate.
    ok the spindles went on about a month ago and ever since ive had this very odd shake (not vibration) in the front end.

Before the spindle install i was running a spacer lift and had no vibes, shakes what so ever. i also already had the new set of tires that i am still running with that spacer lift. so i am not considering a tire/wheel issue at this time.

let me get into exactly whats happening. The shake usually starts at about 45+ mph and stops around 60 mph. Whats odd about this shake is that sometimes the steering wheel will shake very violently in between those speeds and other times the steering wheel will be silk while only the front end literally bounces up and down like im riding around in a blender. ive expiremented with the causes of the shake frequently and noticed that when the steering wheel is not shaking (only the suspension), when i enter a steady left hand turn at the same crusing speeds of 45-60 mph the steering wheel will begin to shake again midway through the turn and the suspension shake will mellow out to a dull shake. so basically on a straight road which ever shake i have to begin with i.e steering wheel and/or front end shake i will continue to have it untill i make a left hand turn in which the shake will shift from steering wheel to suspension.

so i guess my main question is ... :confused:

this is what ive done since the spindle change in an attempt to rectify the issue:

2 alignments
    1 tire balance
    1 tire rotation
    fluctuation of tire pressure from 30-40 psi

Any Ideas???

2. Aug 25, 2015 at 5:37 AM
    Mikey Likes It

Mikey Likes It New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black DCSB TRD O.R.
    I have the exact same problem buddy. And I've tried all the exact solutions you have. Just wondering if you ever figured out what the problem was?

3. Aug 25, 2015 at 10:17 AM
    tgear.shead

tgear.shead Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bearing or CV joints.

4. Aug 25, 2015 at 1:52 PM
    Blue_DMZ_Tacoma

Blue_DMZ_Tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chaz
    Irvine, CA
    Vehicle:
    Blue DMZ Tacoma
    2006 Speedway Blue Tacoma AC TRD Prerunner Total Chaos LT Fox Coilovers Fox Bypasses King 500 DMZ Bedcage DMZ Deavers Fox 3.0 Triple Bypasses Total Chaos Spindles Glassworks Fenders DMZ Custom Bumper With 4 Vision X HID's 16" MT Classic Blue Locks 315/75/16 BFG All Terrains DMZ FAB 4.88 Gears TC Heimed Uppers
    Jack up the truck and see if the wheels move side to side or up and down and that will most likely tell you what's wrong. Mine was all over the road at freeway speeds and I jacked up the truck and my outer tierod was looser than my ex GF.

5. Aug 27, 2015 at 3:54 PM
    Mikey Likes It

Mikey Likes It New Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Mike
    Vehicle:
    2006 Black DCSB TRD O.R.
    I finally figured it out!!! It was the balance of the wheels. They were balanced on a Road Force balance machine. They were both off by about 6oz. Rides nice and smooth now!!!

Products Discussed in

To Top