1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Inversion Tables

Discussion in 'Health' started by Marc M, Jun 2, 2010.

1. Jun 2, 2010 at 9:35 PM
    Marc M

Marc M [OP] Dirty White Boy

Member:
    First Name:
    Marc
    Washington, Pennsylvania
    Vehicle:
    '06 TRD O/R Dbl-Cab
    TRD Cat-Back, TRD CAI, 3" Lift, ATX Chambers, Color matched Grille and Door Handles, Scooped Hood, GrillCraft upper and lower, DTRL, Foglight Mod, Redline Hood Struts, 20% Tint all around, SGII, Blacked out dash, Extang Full-Tilt, etc, etc, etc.
    Who has one? Who uses one? Any testimonials on them?

I have a herniated disc in my lower back that's pinching my siatic nerve in my left leg. I've been in physical therapy since early April, 3 days a week. I spend 15 minutes in traction with electrical stimulation and heat on my back then 45 minutes in the gym trying to get the strength back in my left leg. I was at 25% strength in my leg at the start of therapy and now I'm at 60%.

I am still having pain in my back and shooting down my leg. I'm on 3 different medications to manage the pain and make it liveable.

I want surgery to be the last resort. I have atleast 5 more weeks of therapy and want to see it through before they cut me.

I have had several people tell me I need to try an inversion table to help decompress the pinched vertabrae. Sounds like it would be a good addition to my therapy routine.

So, does anyone have any insight on inversion tables?

Marc M

2. Jun 2, 2010 at 9:38 PM
    Mountainman

Mountainman Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    SoCal
    Vehicle:
    08 6 Lug
    Icons, Okoles, TRD, URD, Deavers, Magnaflow and some other stuff.
    I have one and i think it works great. I'm an EMT and my back takes a lot of stress (picking up heavy people at awkward angles). My back gets pretty sore so i go hang upside down for a while and it makes it feel a lot better.
    hope this helps.

3. Jun 3, 2010 at 5:21 AM
    Janster

Janster Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    My husband has had similar issues...... although he has a herniated disc up near his neck, shoulder problems, and siatic nerve issues also.

This was probably a year ago.... he's had cortizone shots in his back/neck for the herniated discs. He's had cortizone shots in his shoulder. Lots & lots of therapy. That stuff was only temporary. He did buy a Teeter Hangup and used it. He claimed it worked and helped relieve some of the pressures/pain but realized he had to use it every day to continue to see the relief.

Since then, he's had shoulder surgery and for some reason...whatever drugs they pumped into him while on surgery and/or the drugs he used while recovering, helped calm down his siatic nerve problem. Weird......

Right now......7 months after his shoulder surgery, he hasn't had any siatic nerve problems and he hasn't used his Teeter Hang-up in over 7 months.

As for his disc near his neck - he still feels pressure/pain from it if he moves/pivots in certain directions. But ultimately....he stopped using the Teeter and not having any pain. Sooner or later he will need surgery on his disc (near his neck) but its a matter of waiting until it flairs up again and the pain becomes unbearable.

A lot of people swear by the inversion tables..... I know a guy at work uses it everyday and he loves it.

It's your health....if you think it'll help, then get one. I think some of them have trail offers to use temporarily to make sure you want to keep/buy it. You'll always have it..... and as you get older, you might need to use it again.

Ultimately....it's not a cure all. Sooner or later you will need surgery. It's a matter of how long you'll wait and/or suffer until you get it done.

4. Jun 3, 2010 at 10:03 AM
    Chris(NJ)

Chris(NJ) Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Chris
    Usually in Central Jersey
    Vehicle:
    08 Indigo 4x4 DC OR
    Mods are currently being changed .....
    My father has had one for years. He said he thought it worked very well. I dont know how often he uses it any more though. And actually, if you're in PA and looking to pick one up, I can certainly ask if he wants to keep it or sell.

5. Jun 4, 2010 at 4:20 PM
    LEX

LEX --- --- --- - ----

Member:
    Houston, Texas
    Vehicle:
    100 Series LC
    I have one and love it, also. I'd ask a doctor before you get one for an herniated disc if I were you. Just my .02.

The guy I bought it from had an herniated disc and his doctor told him not to use it, that's why he sold it to me.

Products Discussed in

To Top