1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPhone 4 mount/dock?

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by rob_s, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Aug 20, 2010 at 11:19 AM
    rob_s

rob_s [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE FL
    Vehicle:
    White 2010 DC SB Sport
    I have a headunit coming that is supposed to charge the iP4 and run the Pandora app from the HU. I *think* the HU (AVCI-920BT) is supposed to display all of my phone features on the screen, but I'm pretty sure it's not going to let me check email, send/receive texts, etc. on the HU itself which makes me think I'll want to mount the phone somewhere close at hand and visible from the driver's seat.

Ideally I'd like something I can just set the phone into, cradle style, so that I don't have to set the phone in a mount and then plug in the cable.

Alternately should I just plan on having the cable run to the center console with enough slack to pull the phone out while plugged in and still hold it up where I can see it to email and text? Are there extension cables that will work with the Pioneer cable, as it seems kind of short to get all the way to the console and still have slack to pull out. The obvious downside to this method is also that it leaves me having to figure out what to do with the slack when it's in the console with everything else.

2. Aug 20, 2010 at 2:01 PM
    81shark

81shark Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2006 Base Access CP1
    or maybe you shouldn't worry about emails and texts until you get to your destination. just a thought, but i'm sure you have some super important job that requires to read and text while driving.

3. Aug 21, 2010 at 4:34 AM
    rob_s

rob_s [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    SE FL
    Vehicle:
    White 2010 DC SB Sport
    How did I know that would be the first response...

I'm not talking about doing it while I'm driving, but it would be nice, for example, if I'm pulled into a parking lot grabbing a bite to eat or catching up on some paperwork while sitting in the truck to be able to read an email or a text without having to un-dock the phone.

4. Aug 29, 2010 at 2:11 PM
    mws4ua

mws4ua I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.

Member:
    First Name:
    Matt
    Birmingham
    Vehicle:
    2018 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 4x4... Yeah yeah, I know.
    Sub'd

Want a mount for mine so that I can use pandora and ipod while I drive without having to pick the thing up end put it back down.

Before any more comments, I never text or email while driving. It takes no time to look down and skip a song, though. Same as if doing it on the radio.

Products Discussed in

To Top