1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPhone 6 issues with entune?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by RearViewMirror, Jun 2, 2015.

1. Jun 15, 2015 at 7:21 PM
    jtweezy

jtweezy Well-Known Member

Member:
    Austin
    Vehicle:
    2014 4X4 DCSB OR V6
    Yea, I don't expect Toyota to know too much about these systems. They aren't obligated to know jack about your phone, and the HUs are made (software included) by a 3rd party.

2. Jul 20, 2015 at 12:31 PM
    UNYTruck

UNYTruck Member

Member:
    Rochester, NY
    Vehicle:
    2014 Blue Ribbon
    What version of software is the HU running? Mine has 0101C1 & I don't have the problem you're having. I have an iPhone 6+. 2014 with Nav.

To see version apps/general/software update/update history.

3. Jul 21, 2015 at 8:17 AM
    slc_tacoma

slc_tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    SLC, Utah
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma
    Can you confirm which entune services you have? are you using a "premium account" or an account similar to the OP? I think its possible you both have an older version of entune, which works differently than mine. Mine is the opposite, I can't have USB connected if I want entune apps to work. Here's straight from Toyota's site:
    • Is a USB cable connection needed to use Entune® App Suite?
      Originally, Entune® App Suite required a cable connection on selected head units. On select 2014 model year vehicles, the Entune® App Suite can be launched and used via the phone’s Bluetooth connection and a USB cable connection is not needed. To charge your Android mobile device while using the Entune® App Suite, you may use the 12v charger or USB port. For Apple products, using the USB port to charge will prevent the Entune® App Suite from working; only the 12v charger will work on Apple products.

If I have USB plugged in, entune apps all fail to work. To be clear: this is hitting the "apps" button and selecting "fuel guide" for example. I can launch any app, but I'm told that I must have a specific app open on my phone (entune) for this feature to work. I can play audio of any kind over USB from any app (Apple music, spotify, etc) over BT or USB, but none of the apps work unless it's connected via BT only. This is in my 2015 Tacoma entune +nav non-jbl setup. I'm using an iPhone 6 with iOS 8.4 and the latest version of the entune app available in the app store. My guess is your setup is similar to tacomalimted

Your initial problem as I recall, is that no *entune* apps work anymore. you're being told to connect your phone and or open the app, and all indications seem to be that your phone is connected, correct? Can you play BT audio, or perform any sort of BT function to test its working (make a voice call)?

You've used an android handset and it works just fine (I've only had this truck a month and only had the iPhone). Does the android app store list when an app was last updated? iOS app was last updated March 2015.
    Your entune account doesn't list yours as a premium account, mine is a premium account.
    On your HU if you go to apps/settings/ I think I saw an "HD DATA" section. are all those options still enabled? I would also consider trying to do a full restore to factory default on your HU to wipe all traces of any previous phones etc you might have in there (note: I have no idea if thats an option and I haven't researched it. I'm assuming it can be done though).

My guess? If we have determined that your phone's BT connection to the HU is fine (IE, you can stream stuff), I think the IOS app is actually written in such a way to check your entune account services and enforce what you do or do not have, while the android app is not doing that.

4. Jan 27, 2018 at 10:08 PM
    tcshepherd

tcshepherd New Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2015 Toyota PreRunner Limited
    I just switched from an android phone to an Apple iPhone 8. Perhaps all of you with a 2015 with premium sound system already know that if you have an apple device plugged into the USB port the entune apps will not be functional. I didn't know and wasted a bunch of time and calls to Toyota to figure out why my phone was not working with entune. I am a bit upset that Toyota never asked me if my iPod was plugged in to the USB port. It was a happy accident I discovered it on my own.

Products Discussed in

To Top