1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPhone interface

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Htnswches, Jun 22, 2010.

1. Jun 22, 2010 at 11:54 AM
    Htnswches

Htnswches [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    E
    Lost Angels
    Vehicle:
    2006 Precummer Tacoma
    310,000 and counting
    So I updated my 3G iPhone with the latest version of iOS4 and now my interface doesn't work. I'm using the iSimple (pxamg) kit,so I called tech support, they said I will need to add a board to the pxamg and it would be released in a couple weeks max. So now I gotta take it all apart,add the board and also do a firmware update if I'm gonna use the new iPhone 4(on order). Anyone else experiencing this problem? Would this happen with an aftermarket head unit w/ Ipod/phone interface? I was looking for a new HU in the future but this might make me buy it sooner. Thank in advanced

2. Jun 22, 2010 at 12:19 PM
    kramer2k

kramer2k Well-Known Member

Member:
    Jacksonville, FL
    Vehicle:
    08 DC PreRunner TRD OR
    I can't imagine that an aftermarket HU would have this problem. At worst, you might have to do a firmware update on the HU to alleviate any problems, but that's highly unlikely IMO. For example, I have an AVIC-Z110BT in my car. I've read that there are people running all sorts of iPhone/iPod combos and software versions on it with no problems. Hopefully that remains the case with iOS4! **fingers crossed**

That's the problem with those "modules." Their inflexibility can be a PITA.

I didn't explicitly answer your question, but I would make the jump to a HU earlier if it were me.

Products Discussed in

To Top