1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPhone Owners?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by pb2themax, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Feb 23, 2008 at 7:01 PM
    pb2themax

pb2themax [OP] Mod Master

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    Anybody else got one? I've had mine for a few months and I love it. I don't work near a computer or WiFi, so this iPhone keeps me connected to what's going on when I'm at work with nothing to do. BTW, I'm a crane operator.

2. Feb 23, 2008 at 7:03 PM
    SocalMan22

SocalMan22 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Steve-0
    So*Cal
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner Dbl Cab
    What Mods!
    I bought one for my wife, awesome phone i love that you can get on youtube and waste time like no other im thinking of getting one but it lacks features that i want.

3. Feb 23, 2008 at 8:30 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    i bought an iphone clone (CECT P168+) It pretty much does everything the iphone does. Plus, it has video recording. Tons of people mistake it for the iphone......

4. Feb 23, 2008 at 9:13 PM
    Hotdog

Hotdog My hair is all natural Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    Hotdog
    Vehicle:
    2007 PreRunner SR5 Double Cab
    Wet Okole Underwear
    I would have, but I need my 3G speed.

Tell me you aren't an Apple Fan Boy.

5. Feb 24, 2008 at 5:49 AM
    sooner07

sooner07 1/2 man 1/2 amazing

Member:
    First Name:
    A A Ron
    DFW, Texas
    Vehicle:
    Debadged 2008 Rugged Trail
    Toytec ultimate lift kit, light racing UCAs, ARB bumper and full skid plates underneath. Looking into redoing the suspension and maybe repainting the ol' Taco.
    I have one and I love it! I do wish that it was G3 enabled like the new version is going to be. But, if I am near any open wifi network I can always connect to it and get great speeds.

My only real complaint is the viewmymessage.com crap :mad:. Why can't this thing just recieve MMS messages like everyone else? That stupid proxy site is always down and the access code is a PITA to have to write down and retype just so I can look at a stupid picture. I have to tell eveyone to just email me pics instead of txting them to me.

6. Feb 24, 2008 at 12:51 PM
    ZonKs

ZonKs Can speak french in Russian.

Member:
    First Name:
    Ted
    Glendale, CA
    Vehicle:
    2018 Sport DCSB 4x4
    =p
    I chose to buy the sprint mogul. EVDO RevA is amazing (i dont even bother to turn on the WiFi), and the phone is increadible.

7. Feb 24, 2008 at 10:31 PM
    pb2themax

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    \

I think the next iPhone will be 32 gigs and 3G, but the battery life will be the questionable part. 3G uses a lot more power.

I think the iPhone takes great pictures too. When I e-mail people pictures they are usually surprised that the picture was taken with a camera phone.

I've got the iPhone bluetooth headset too. It works seamlessly with the phone. The headset charge status, and connectivity shows up on the iphone's screen. Plus you can charge them together in the same dock. It's compact and not as gawdy as some other models.

BTW, on my iPhone I've got all of season 2 and season 3 of The Office. 100 pictures, and about 800 songs. Oh, and about 10 podcasts. I love podcasts. I'm kinda new to the iPod thing, but I find that iTunes is very to use. I've got a PC, but I think my next computer will be a Mac.

8. Feb 24, 2008 at 11:51 PM
    AK Backcountry

AK Backcountry Well-Known Member

Member:
    Eagle River AK
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Off-Road
    Snugtop, Scangauge II, iPod Adaptor, Redline Hood Struts, Removed Secondary Air Filter, De-badged, AFE Drop In, Westin Oval Steps Future: Locker Anytime
    We could not get the iphones up here until around Christmas and when they came in they sold out quickly. (That is when ATT purchased Cell One.) Also we can't get them on a business plan, which I have my current cell on, so I don't have one. Yet. The people with them love them.

I did get the ipod Touch back in September. When I saw them I figured it was time to jump in. I love it but wished I got the 16 GB one. I like surfing the web sitting in the airport. TW is one of my favorite sites. When my truck comes in I will get an interface between the ipod and the stereo.

Also currently a PC user but may go to a Mac when this one dies.

9. Feb 27, 2008 at 6:37 PM
    thallium

thallium Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    07 tacoma pre runner sr5, double cab long bed
    I love my iPhone. In fact I'm typing this with the iPhone.
    I love the map function and have thrown the Thomas guides
    in the trash. Someone put a lot of thought into this phone.
    Anyway, the edge network is plenty fast enough for most things
    like this site. Works great. If anyone is thinking of getting one, you won't
    be disappointed.

10. Feb 28, 2008 at 3:36 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I don't have an iPhone, but I have a 30GB iPod, a 8GB iPod Touch, an iBook G4, and a new Intel based MacBook Pro (and old 4GB and 8GB iPod Mini's).

I love my Macs. My wife is addicted to her iPod Touch.

11. Mar 1, 2008 at 2:52 PM
    2006nightrider

2006nightrider Well-Known Member

Member:
    VA
    Vehicle:
    X-Runner
    too many
    Last month, I bought one (8GB), I believe its worth every penny...A week later, I had to buy one for my GF because she wouldnt leave mine alone.

12. Mar 1, 2008 at 3:50 PM
    gdawg25

gdawg25 Zoom-Zoom

Member:
    Victoria, BC
    Vehicle:
    '08 Mazdaspeed 3
  13. Mar 1, 2008 at 9:45 PM
    pb2themax

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
    The 1.1.4 iPhone update is out now. It just fixes some bugs, and I think it's also preparing the phone for the real big update that's coming up, maybe this week. This new update will probably allow the iphone to work with 3rd party applications. Then there will be all kinds of cool programs popping up for the iPhone. Yay

The customer service and support with the iPhone is great. They put out software updates very often. They add new features, fix bugs, etc. If you have a problem with your iPhone just take it to an Apple store. They will usually fix it right there, or give you a new one. Try doing that with a Nokia or Blackberry. They will ship your phone back to the manufacturer for a couple weeks.

14. Mar 5, 2008 at 3:32 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft
    I wouldn't mind having one for a lower price.... However, not until some other carrier has them. I switched from Cingular to Verizon because of their piss-poor network, and now it's ATT so I can't imagine it's any better. Fucking Cingular would drop my calls ALL the time. I'd be sitting on my porch with full signal and the damn phone would drop to zero signal, drop the call, then go back to full just in time for me to redial and continue the conversation. That would happen 5-10 times in a 20 minute conversation. As soon as I moved back to NY I dropped them and switch to Verizon. I had Cingular for at least 4 years, and don't miss them one bit. At least now I KNOW when I'm getting out of range of a tower and will lose signal. It's the same locations every time. None of that full to none back to full signal in 10 seconds bullshit I had with Cingular.

I have over 100gigs of music too so I want something bigger. Like maybe a 160gig iPod at some point. That rules out an iPhone or iTouch until they get a clue and offer the same capacity.

15. Mar 5, 2008 at 3:48 PM
    Toy4Life

Toy4Life 668: The Neighbor of the Beast

Member:
    First Name:
    Chad
    Slippery Rock, PA
    Vehicle:
    96 Subaru Outback 2.2 5mt
    92 4Runner SR5 3.0v6 4x4(sold) 02 Tacoma SR5 TRD Offroad 4x4 (sold)
    That's F'n funny. I have a Blackjack II, and love it and it only costs a couple hundred. It's already way more capable than anything I need. I'm really not interested in the iPhone.

16. Mar 5, 2008 at 4:04 PM
    06tacoma

06tacoma Well-Known Member

Member:
    Tampa FL
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 XS-P Trd Longbed Double Cab
    20" enkei wheel,BFG G-Force tires, BHLM, Smoked tail lights, 2 RE Audio 10s, Quantom 900watt amp,10000K HIDs headlights and fog lamps,Borla exhaust, Borla drop in filter,Debadged tailgate,Painted black tacoma badges

Hey i was thinking about ordering one of these is it really that good never heard of the company that makes it so i was not to sure about buying one i have a blackberry curve right now and its okay but i am not a big blackberry fan

17. Mar 6, 2008 at 1:04 PM
    05PreRunner

05PreRunner "Living life in the FAST lane..."

Member:
    <-(714)-> SO-CAL
    TRD intake, JBA "shorty" headers, URD y-pipe
    It's a good phone... It's pretty cheap too (Around $165) I got mine for $170 shipped a while back. (on ebay)

This site contains affiliate links for which the site may be compensated.
  18. Mar 13, 2008 at 1:31 PM
    pb2themax

Member:
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport 4x4
  19. Apr 21, 2008 at 2:51 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    Do the iphones have voice-actived calling yet? It's the one feature they didn't have when they first came out that's pretty important to me. I hate having to root around in the phonebook.

20. Apr 21, 2008 at 3:19 PM
    hail-bop Command

hail-bop Command Well-Known Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    I Don't Crawl I Haul A$$!
    Apple fan all the way! Apple has a way more stable OS than PC and a laundry list of other things as well.

Products Discussed in

To Top