1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPhone Owners?

Discussion in 'Technology' started by pb2themax, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Apr 21, 2008 at 3:21 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Nokia N95 is the way to go i guess.... i have one...., 3g, wifi, flash, gps, mp3... everythin but.... touchscreen....

2. Apr 21, 2008 at 3:46 PM
    piercedtiger

piercedtiger Devout Atheist

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    2015 F150 3.5EB SCEW 6.5ft

Remind me of that every time a Mac comes into my office for repair... And then remind me again about what a pain in the ass it is to take them apart when something breaks.

3. Apr 27, 2008 at 8:36 PM
    06BLUEDBLSPORT

06BLUEDBLSPORT Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Colin
    Fort Wayne Indiana
    Vehicle:
    12 Tundra DC SR5 4x4 5.7L
    True Dual Flowmaster 40 Series exhaust, Volant CAI, HIDs, Raptor series Side Steps, Weathertech Floorliners, OME 613 Shocks and Coils with Diff Drop, Rear Bilstein 5100 Shocks, ToyTec AAL, Fearless Fabrication Front Bumper
    Macs are great and have great technology, and the iphone, man that thing is great and amazing. Apple fan all the way 

4. May 21, 2008 at 11:31 PM
    TRDGRL

TRDGRL My Toys.....

Member:
    First Name:
    TRDGRL
    RainForestVille, Honolulu, Hawaii
    Vehicle:
    '11 BLK Tacoma PreRunner TRD SR5 Access Cab
    See Signature.....
    I have one and it's great. I got it for $400 and it was well worth the money.....:D It also takes awesome pics as you can see.....:thumbsup:

5. May 22, 2008 at 9:31 PM
    BulletToothTony

BulletToothTony You’ll have that on these big jobs.

Member:
    First Name:
    You can call me Susan if it makes you happy.
    Do you like the blackberry curve i was thinking about getting one or an iphone but i dont know which to get. :confused:

6. May 22, 2008 at 11:49 PM
    beehunt

beehunt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport Black Sand Pearl
    3in Level kit
    i work for apple i have got one and i love it...

i just realized this just opened me up to more questions then i can probably answer...

7. May 22, 2008 at 11:50 PM
    beehunt

beehunt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport Black Sand Pearl
    3in Level kit

then think about how often you are adding virus protection to your PC and having it up and down and up and down and then just erasing all your stuff just to make it work again lol

8. May 22, 2008 at 11:52 PM
    eordonez

eordonez Living vicariously through mjp2

Member:
    First Name:
    Ed
    Chihuahua, Mexico
    Vehicle:
    TRD Sport Dcab 4x2 Black Sand Pearl
    OEM All Weather Mats, wheel locks, Toyota Silver Tube steps.....
    Thats right man, i have Windows, and the reason i dont upgrade for mac is that seems 3d studio doesnt work on it....

9. May 23, 2008 at 5:59 AM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    Well, my desktop and laptop haven't been wiped since I got both of the around 4 years ago so..... Not sure what you're saying. If you installed as much crap as I need for various jobs, then uninstalled when not needed your mac would need to be cleaned up too. Oh wait, a lot of the stuff I run doesn't have a mac version... :laugh:

Regardless, I have a relatively new iMac at the office now where the owner has the wonderful choice of A.) buying a new one -or- B.) forking out $400-$600 for a new motherboard (NOTHING ELSE!!!) plus probably 2 hours worth of labor to swap the damn thing out.

Oh, and the new iMacs that require you to take the LCD off just to swap a hard drive.... WTF is up with that? :confused: Risk breaking the screen just to replace a failing drive or upgrade to a larger one. That's just stupid. Sure, Apple PCs look nice and all, but they are NOT designed to be fixed.

10. May 23, 2008 at 7:25 AM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    i have a curve, its awesome. depends on what you use it for though. there are tons of 3rd party applications for the blackberry that are very usefull. some are cheap, some are free, and some are pricey as hell. email on BB is better. typing is faster and easier. some people will tell you the iphone is just as good for typing but that is not an opinion, its just wrong. i'm not bashing the iphone but a tactile keyboard will always be faster than a touch screen that you have to constantly watch to make sure you didnt mess up. on a BB you upgrade your battery and memory. on an iphone the battery and memory is internal, which means you cant buy a back up battery or upgrade memory. the new BB's can accept a SD HC card, (HC stands for High capacity) which means the only limit to your memory size is the size of the biggest card they currently make. Although the iphone does have its advantages. for media, the iphone is superior. if your primary concern is music and movies and all that, the iphone is great. actually, the curve is just as good for music, but for pics and movies the iphone is better. one thing i hate about the iphone is the recessed earphone jack. if you want to plug some buds into the iphone they wont fit unless you have an adapter that extends the jack. i've had this debate with other iphone owners on this site before, and they will probably disagree with me, but the BB is more serious and teh iphone is more of a gadget/toy. although i realize that saying that will start up the debate again, i really do believe it. oh yeah, the iphone is MUCH better than the BB at internet browsing. although the bb does have a free 3rd party app called opera mini that makes web browsing similart to the iphone, the iphone is still better in that regard

11. May 23, 2008 at 7:33 AM
    007Tacoma

007Tacoma I dub thee malicious!

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    2015 4Runner Trail Edition Premium
    Cloaking Device
    I love my BB Curve. Hey, nd, what other apps have you loaded on yours? I haven't done anything to mine... yet. ;)

12. May 23, 2008 at 7:54 AM
    jasonh

jasonh tossed salad anyone?

Member:
    Dallas, TX.
    Vehicle:
    2007 Pre Runner SR5
    Billy 5100's
    i got a chance to play with the new lg vu and i have to say its alot better than the iphone. but ofcource im a pc guy and have always hated apple. check it out socalguy.

13. May 23, 2008 at 8:18 AM
    piercedtiger

Member:
    First Name:
    Jon
    Southern Tier, NY
    Vehicle:
    I just got an LG enV2. Not like the iPhone or the other ones like that, but it was a fraction of the price and I like it. :D

Not to mention, I'm not tied to ATT/Cingular/whatever-the-hell-the-name-is-now. I had Cingular before, and I hated how my calls would drop while I was standing still for no reason. Signal went to zero bars, call dropped, full signal, redial, talk, signal dropped..... That would happen several times during a 5 minute conversation. Worst service I ever had with a cell.

14. May 23, 2008 at 8:25 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    so far just opera mini. i need to figure out some apps to take off before i add any more, i dont want to bog it down. but i do have the 8330 which i think has double the memory of hte older curves, so i should be good. i'd like to try out the BB smart mail viewer but its like 30 bucks and i haven't found it for free yet. i've been trying to hang out some on crackberry.com to get some insight on how to use this thing. it came with a bunch of stuff though, i have facebook, and google talk and some other stuff i use. if you haven't tried opera mini yet i suggest you get it, its much better than the BB browser and is free. i can actually check TW and post and stuff and it looks like the real internet.

15. May 23, 2008 at 8:29 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    According to the "about" screen - I have the 8830... Don't know if that is good or bad.

Do you have a link for the Opera Browser?

16. May 23, 2008 at 8:33 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    8830 is not the curve its the world edition. very similar and probably even a little better. lemme find the link for you, hold on....

17. May 23, 2008 at 8:35 AM
    007Tacoma

Member:
    First Name:
    Mark
    San Antonio, TX
    Vehicle:
    Cloaking Device
    Yeah - they told me it would work in any country with cell service. Like I have ever been out of the country. I don't even know what a real passport looks like (and I ain't talkin' bout the Honda-Isuzu-thing-a-ma-jig).

18. May 23, 2008 at 8:44 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    Ok, here is the link for a "lecture series" on crackberry. they have a BB 101 lecture course where they post a different user "how to" every week. it's very helpful. this particular link discusses 3rd party apps.....

http://crackberry.com/blackbery-101...d-party-software-applications-your-blackberry

i recomend spending alot of time goofing off on this site, you'll learn alot. i'm still looking for the opera mini link.... i'll edit this post with it when i find it

ok, do this.... use your phones browser to go to www.operamini.com. you can then choose to download it through your phone. after its downloaded and you confirm you want it, it installs automatically.

that site is extremely helpful, but very large. it's sort of like the TN of blackberry sites. it has a forum for every model of BB ever made so it's hard to navigate sometimes. i will say this though, even though its big, its very friendly to new users. ask any question you want and you wont get flamed or bad mouthed (at least i haven't yet) and i've asked some dumb questions.

19. May 23, 2008 at 8:49 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    yeah, its a badass phone, but i went with the curve because its more media friendly. has a camera and a better media player program. other than that they are very close to being the same phone

20. May 23, 2008 at 8:50 AM
    nd

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    btw, after you install opera mini let me know what you think

Products Discussed in

To Top