1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPOD Installation in '04 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by nwood_04_TRD, Jun 21, 2007.

1. Jun 21, 2007 at 10:18 AM
    nwood_04_TRD

nwood_04_TRD [OP] New Member

Member:
    I am trying to connect a 30G iPOD and looking for info on removing the head unit and what interface/adapter people have had good success with.

2. Jun 21, 2007 at 12:16 PM
    ksigtuck

ksigtuck Member

Member:
    I have a Harmon/kardon Drive and Play system on my '06 Tacoma and absolutely love it. If you are not familiar with it the unit has a screen for your dash and a remote that I have mounted on the console. A lot of people have complained that you can't shuffle through all your songs but if you set your ipod to shuffle all songs before plugging it in to the unit it works great.

3. Jun 21, 2007 at 1:31 PM
    nwood_04_TRD

nwood_04_TRD [OP] New Member

Member:
    I want to keep the stock stereo, I just want to know the steps for removing the head unit and if there is an available connection on the back for connecting an ipod adapter kit. And what kits are compatible and work well.

4. Jun 21, 2007 at 3:43 PM
    kngharley

kngharley Well-Known Member

Member:
    Corona, Ca
    The interface that I have in my truck is made by Peripheral. Even though my truck is an 07, they doo make a kit for an 04. It simply plugs into your existing wiring harness, set the dip switches and go. That easy. As far as removing the radio, get a shop manual fromthe dealer (about 50 bucks) it has the break down in there.

5. Jun 21, 2007 at 4:23 PM
    MotoXFreeStyle61

MotoXFreeStyle61 Displaced Texan

Member:
    San Antonio TX
    Vehicle:
    06 PreRunner SR5 4Cyl, Access Cab, 5
    Black Head Light Mod, Tacoma All Weather Mats, ScanGauge II, Tonnaeu Bed Cover, 40% Tint, Added Fog Lights, 600W x 1 Alpine MRP-M650 Amp, Alpine 10" Type-R SWR-1022D Sub, Secondary Air Filter Removed, Day Time Running Lights, K&N Drop In Air Filter (oiled), Westin Bullbar (Black Powder), Alpine IVA-W505 w/Nav, JL Audio 6.5" Front Speakers, Toyota SR5 Seat Covers, 2.5" Toytec Spacer
  6. Jun 22, 2007 at 6:07 AM
    ksigtuck

ksigtuck Member

Member:
    The drive and Play is just an add on to my stock stereo, it plugs into the back of the stereo with an aux. adapter and runs off the cd button. By using the aux. adapter instead of an fm transmitter you never have to run into "dead" channels or static from your ipod.

Products Discussed in

To Top