1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPod Intergration on 2012 Tacoma

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by DSB, May 22, 2012.

1. May 22, 2012 at 12:27 PM
    DSB

DSB [OP] New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    Supercharger
    My 2012 Tacoma came from the factory with a USB input for my iPod. It integrates nicely except for the following issue. When I browse playlists, or artists, etc., if I pause over a given selection for more than a few seconds, it will automatically start playing that selection without me pushing the select button. (This is all done through the head unit, and not on the iPod itself). So, unlike with other interfaces I have used where I can queue up what I want to listen to next, on this interface if I queue something up, it will jump right to that selection and begin playing without 'select' having been pushed.

I am interested to know if anyone has been able to set up this interface where other playlists can be queued up without it jumping to that playlist and starting right in...

I'm not sure which factory stereo I have - it is not the one with the GPS and touch screen, rather, I suspect it is the model just below that with the CD, Sirius and USB inputs.

please excuse spelllling errorrrs...

2. May 25, 2012 at 2:53 PM
    Pavehawk

Pavehawk Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 OR
    I checked mine today and it does the same thing. I couldn't find a way to change the settings so I think it's the way its programmed - not really the best set up but as far as I can tell we are stuck with it unless they push a software update or put in an after market head unit.

Let me know if you figure out another way.

3. May 25, 2012 at 3:02 PM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    yea it's definitely a little annoying, does yours take a minute to load the whole ipod list too?

4. May 25, 2012 at 3:14 PM
    Pavehawk

Pavehawk Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brian
    Las Vegas
    Vehicle:
    12 4x4 OR
    Yeap - there is a lag if you turn the dial too fast.

5. May 27, 2012 at 12:12 AM
    rab89

rab89 Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Ross
    Kelowna b.c canada
    Vehicle:
    2017 DCLB TRD Sport
    yea, but still within your playlist as soon as you move the right dial, it wants to change songs... not a big deal, im getting used to it, but definitely a weird way of setting it up

6. Jun 6, 2012 at 12:13 PM
    DSB

DSB [OP] New Member

Member:
    Colorado
    Vehicle:
    2012 Tacoma Double Cab TRD Sport
    Supercharger
    Appreciate everyone's feedback. My experience with the sound system is similar. Really, my biggest complaint is that the system makes it impossible to queue up the next song (assuming I want to listen to a non-sequential selection) while I am still listening to the previous song. It's not a big enough deal to merit changing out the unit... I would IF, I knew there was a system I could have installed that would integrate perfectly with everything the current system does, including the steering wheel controls for song selection and voice dialing. I'd be curious to know if anyone has any suggestions to that end, otherwise, the other existing system is decent.

... having said all that, its funny the things we complain about these days...

Products Discussed in

To Top