1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

iPod nano help. Syncing

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Untamed_SS, Oct 7, 2009.

1. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:11 AM
    Untamed_SS

Untamed_SS [OP] Stayed Up Too Late

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    08 Speedway Blue Access Cab
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    Yo. So like I guess I'm retarted right. Like my hard drive died a while back. So when I got a new one and all, it was totally empty you know. But I have my music on my ipod. I need to get it to my iTunes.

So basically, just need to sync my ipod with my itunes. Instead of the normal itunes to ipod. Is there a way to do this? I've tried clicking and dragging. Not working for me.

Help please?

2. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:12 AM
    itsmyturn

itsmyturn Well-Known Member

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    do you windows or a mac

3. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    Untamed_SS

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Alpine iDA-X200 Deck, Rockford P3, Infinity 1600 A Amp, Black Badges, "KnightRider Mod", Back-up lights. Painted Engine Cover. TRD QuickShifter & Shift Knob. MAF Calibrator. Doug Thorley LT Headers. Custom Y-Pipe. Flowmaster 50 series. Satoshi Grill
    oh my bad. I have windows vista.

And 5th gen iPod nano.

4. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    beehunt

beehunt Well-Known Member

Member:
    Bay Area, Ca
    Vehicle:
    '08 TRD Sport Black Sand Pearl
    3in Level kit
    if its a mac you can use senuti thats itunes spelled backwards

5. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:17 AM
    Untamed_SS

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    If I had a mac it shouldn't have died right. :rolleyes:

J/K

Anyways, thanks guys. But no mac for me.

6. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    itsmyturn

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    afe Pro-Dry S dropin, Readylift leveling kit, TRD skid plate, Alpine CDA-9887, 6K D2S HID
    if you have windows, connect your ipod to your pc. when itunes opens it will ask if you want erase and sync your ipod to your new library.. select no. go the ipod tab and select manually manage music on your ipod. after that close itunes.

now open my computer. if you have windows vista at the top of the my computer window is a tab that says organize. select oraganize then select folder and search options. now at the top there will be three tabs-general,view and search. select the view tab.

look for the option "hidden files and folders" and select "show hidden files and folders". now close that out only leaving my computer window open.

now your ipod will show up as a disk drive. explorer your ipod, you'll find a transparent folder called "ipod control", open that ipod control and then open music. the music folder is all your files from your library however they are organized in apples structure which is useless to you. (F00,F01,F02).

copy and paste all of the F(#) folders to your music folder on your pc. after its finished your new folders will still be transparent. select all of the fnumber folders and right click then select properties. there will be box marked hidden. unselect hidden but select read only. after that is done reopen itunes.

now edit the itunes preferences to allow itunes to manage your music. after that just add the music folder by going to File-Add folder to library- and then point to your music folder. with itunes allowed to manage your music it will reorganize to artist and albums folders. after that you can go back and turn that off. enjoy.

7. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:26 AM
    Untamed_SS

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    Heck yes man. Thanks. :thumbsup:

8. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:27 AM
    itsmyturn

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    my coworkers and i use this procedure all the time to exchange music permenately. gives us something to do while we wait for vw's to break down.

9. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:28 AM
    itsmyturn

Member:
    Victorville, CA
    Vehicle:
    08 dbl cab TRD sport
    also this doesn't work with an ipod touch or iphone since those don't allow disk use.

10. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:46 AM
    Untamed_SS

Member:
    First Name:
    Adam
    Haughton, Louisiana
    Vehicle:
    cool. OK, one more thing.

I'm pretty sure I've done this before, but can't remember how. I have some doubles of songs and stuff. How do I get rid of those? Do I have to select them individually or is there like an option thingy?

11. Oct 7, 2009 at 11:51 AM
    BMBIG

BMBIG Active Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bryan
    SE Mass
    Vehicle:
    '11 4X4 Access 4-Cyl
    there's an option in iTunes somewhere for "show duplicates". It will list any and al of your duplicate song files. using ctrl+click to select all but one of each duplicate, and hit delete. When prompted to also remove files from your computer choose yes.

Products Discussed in

To Top