1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ipod to aux plug question

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by jed1894, Jan 3, 2011.

1. Jan 3, 2011 at 8:11 AM
    jed1894

jed1894 [OP] Active Member

Member:
    Vehicle:
    2011 Tacoma 4x4
    New member here. Sorry if this topic has been beat to death, but I was curious if anyone has tried the below procedure with success. I didn't want to play around with the radion unless it actually worked.

The problem: Ipod (when plugged to aux plug) volume is too low. I've turned the ipod volume up and also done everything I can do on the itunes, ipod to increase the volume. The only thing I haven't tried is the below: Thanks in advance.......jed

There is a built-in software setting for audio levels on these two interface modules that allows the installer or end user to match the level correctly for a particular vehicle. In some Toyota/Lexus/Scion vehicles, you may need to enter the toggle code to raise the level to HIGH so satellite radio level matches FM/CD levels.

1. Turn stock audio system on, switch to SAT operation.
    2. Rapidly enter on the stock radio preset buttons the following code: "162534".
    3. The audio level will toggle to the new setting, which you will hear immediately if the code is entered correctly and quickly enough.
    4. If no audible change, enter the code again.
    5. Check the audio level on similar channel from Sirius vs. FM, then try CD.

The default settings on the interfaces as shipped are as follows:

TOYSC1: default setting = LOW
    HONSC1: default setting = HIGH

Products Discussed in

To Top