1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ipod2car & ipod video....

Discussion in 'Audio & Video' started by Janster, Apr 4, 2008.

1. Apr 4, 2008 at 10:16 AM
    Janster

Janster [OP] Old & Forgetful

Member:
    First Name:
    Jandy
    Lancaster, PA
    Vehicle:
    2016 GMC Canyon SLT w/ LineX and....
    This might be a weird question....but...

I've been using a 4gig nano on my ipod2car for a year or more. It's worked perfectly and I've actually figured out that I can turn the radio on/off quick to get it out of PAUSE after I start the truck up. I put it in shuffle and leave it in the center console and use my steering wheel controls... Anyway...

I got a used (refurbished) 30gig Ipod Video here recently for cheap. So - I'm not familiar with the etiquette of the hard drive inside or the Do's and Don'ts of this new *thing*. I've had it hooked up to my ipod2car and it's acting soo much different than the 4gig nano did - and I'm wondering if there's a setting in the ipod that needs to be changed or whether this is just what the regular ipods do.... or if my refurbished ipod is simply less than perfect (which is perfectly fine - atleast I tried to figure it out).

When I shut the truck off.... the screen will go black but it's almost like it keeps playing. 9 hours later when I get in the truck again - the shuffle count will be 300+ songs from where it was. My steering wheel controls don't work when it's in this *mode* (I think). Although, I have played with it and got the steering wheel controls to actually work a couple times but it seems it depends on how it shuts itself off (or lack there of) after I shut the truck off. It's weird..... And sometimes, since it's still theoretically still playing....it'll come on right away when I turn the truck on...sometimes/most of the time. Hell, I dunno.... it's possessed! (laugh)

Any thoughts?

P.S. If I don't respond for a while, no worries. I'm outta town and might not be able to check the forums.

Products Discussed in

To Top