1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Ironman Lift

Discussion in 'Suspension' started by coryip, May 12, 2012.

1. Jul 25, 2012 at 3:43 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    I think I might grab their leaf pack......good price. Might even get their shocks.......if I can pair them with the OME coils I have.

I think that might be a perfect combo to get an almost level truck.......my rear leafs are blown and I didnt want a full 3" in the rear...

Good to hear you like it so far!

2. Jul 26, 2012 at 3:12 PM
    Haslefre

Haslefre Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Some flags and center console divider... lots of things on the wanted list.
    I'll tell you man, the leaf pack is as beefy as the dakar's. 7 leafs total on the thing which is what they have also. I am looking to put mine on in the next few weeks. Also, if you end up getting the whole package, get it from sierra expeditions. They have it for 100 cheaper than camel 4x4.

3. Jul 26, 2012 at 3:45 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    885x with 5100s and top plate spacer for full 3", RCD extended 5100s in rear, dakars, flip kit, LR UCAs, tint, shorty antenna, in channel rain guards,BHLM, blacked out emblem, OEM side steps, weathertechs, debadged, rear diff breather
    keep us posted on lift heights please.....def wanna know what the leafs give.

4. Jul 26, 2012 at 3:52 PM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    I think it is only 2". That is what the web site says should be if you change mm into Inches. I will let you know though as soon as I get it on.

5. Jul 26, 2012 at 3:57 PM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    ya it says 50mm .....good to hear its beefy and prob just has less arc to achieve the 2"(50mm). Sounds like what I need.........I might end up going with a full 3" but if not then this is what im doing.

6. Jul 27, 2012 at 8:14 AM
    Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab Mtn Addition
    3 inch old man emu
    This is probably stupid questions but with the ironman lift do you need a diff drop? or does it come with one?

7. Jul 27, 2012 at 8:25 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Comes with the trim spacer for the drive line. But no, it is only a 2" lift so you will not need a diff drop. You actually don't need a diff drop until you get upwards of 3" of lift.

8. Jul 27, 2012 at 8:29 AM
    Mighty Mouse

Mighty Mouse Member

Member:
    West Virginia
    Vehicle:
    08 Double Cab Mtn Addition
    3 inch old man emu
    Ok sorry for the stupid questions, never modified a truck. I just usually modified cars.

9. Jul 27, 2012 at 8:34 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Not stupid at all.....with our trucks slight differences in geometry(along with other factors like luck lol) come into play. It seems 2.5 is the magic number where you can wont "need" dif drop, shims, Carrier bearing drop, and others.

I myself am dealing with this issue right now.....I dont know if going for the full 3" is worth it or just going for a safeish 2.5 with some larger tires will achieve the look and ability I want.

10. Jul 27, 2012 at 8:39 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Thats what I was dealing with myself. I didn't want to get upwards of that 2.5" since I didn't want to get new UCA's and spend all that cash on them. I will be happy with 2" and some slightly larger tires.

11. Jul 27, 2012 at 8:55 AM
    TRD6Speed

TRD6Speed senior member

Member:
    First Name:
    Bill
    East Hartford, CT
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport Access Cab
    Ya man......I am patiently waiting for pics and numbers on ur install. I have an access cab too and really want to avoid the same issues you speak of. I already bought some 885s used so I am probably gonna use those with no spacers if I like how your pics look. Then I would prob get the ironman leafs to keep a slight rake but not as steep as factory. I am worried if I get dakars and get a full 3" in the rear the rake will be too much when paired with just the OME 885s and no spacers.:confused:

12. Jul 27, 2012 at 9:02 AM
    Hughesc99

Hughesc99 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Derby, KS
    Sub'd for later. Brady, i want to see your truck when you get that lift on. I might do the same.

13. Jul 27, 2012 at 12:16 PM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Alright man. Are you still deployed? Ill get measurements as soon as I put it on

14. Aug 3, 2012 at 9:01 PM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    The lift after one short drive so far was great! Had some small issues putting it on, but those were mainly rookie mistakes. Also one store problem. I will update you all tomorrow on how the alignment was after the lift was on.

15. Aug 4, 2012 at 5:32 PM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
  16. Aug 4, 2012 at 7:15 PM
    Fox2011PM

Fox2011PM "The Mountains are calling"

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB 4X4 TRD OR
    ADS 2.5" CO's w/adj, ADS 2.5" Rears w/ piggybacks, Firestone air bags and 1.5" AAL, SCS SR8s, Tom Woods custom one piece drive shaft....more to come
    From what I've read, and it's just that, from what I've read, the Ironman lift seems legit. I feel you have to base your lift on the amount/level of wheeling you do. The Ironman seems comparable to the other lifts out there with the coilovers, rear nitro shocks and leaf packs. The only drawback I foresee is with the installation. According to other "posts" about the Ironman lift is the lack of installation instructions, and I don't think they deliver the coil overs installed. Meaning, you as a buyer will have to get the springs installed over the front struts/shocks. Also some of the hardware (lock washers for the leaf pack) are of lesser quality than most, being advised by other owners of the lift to purchase higher quality installation hardware. Other than that, it seems to be a well reviewed setup. Poly bushings come with the leaf pack which is a plus. My opinion, you get what you pay for. Just my opinion. I'll be going with OME for sure. Just do your research and apply the lift that best suits what you do offroad.

17. Aug 4, 2012 at 8:17 PM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    Actually, I am the only other post. Also, ome will only ship you your socks assembled with coils for an extra 100 bucks. Sorry, 15 bucks a side at a local store? I'll take it. The lock washers could have been due to something else. This lift is top of the line

18. Aug 6, 2012 at 6:33 AM
    Fox2011PM

Fox2011PM "The Mountains are calling"

Member:
    Vehicle:
    '13 DCSB 4X4 TRD OR
    ADS 2.5" CO's w/adj, ADS 2.5" Rears w/ piggybacks, Firestone air bags and 1.5" AAL, SCS SR8s, Tom Woods custom one piece drive shaft....more to come
    Very true. Sounds like a stout/affordable setup. Definitely a contender!

19. Aug 6, 2012 at 9:00 AM
    Haslefre

Member:
    First Name:
    Brady
    TN
    Vehicle:
    2019 Tundra
    I would recommend it to anyone actually. This thing has such a nice ride compared to stock and the 5100s on stock coils. The rear leaf set up is monstrous... Even if giving 2 inches over the dakars 3. OME is old school standard, but these guys from Australia know what the hell they are doing with this set up. I'm thinking these were probably some of the old engineers from ome since they came from aus too

20. Aug 7, 2012 at 9:01 AM
    mknipp

mknipp Well-Known Member

Member:
    I am glad I foudn this thread, this seems like the lift/upgrade I have been searching for. My stock leafs are dead, they are flat and the rear seems to ride real rough at the moment.

How hard was the install? I would like to attempt this myself (giving the wife gives me the OK to drop $900 on suspension upgrades).

Judging from the comments, this set up rides better than stock and no vibes or driveline adjustments needed.

Products Discussed in

To Top