1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is end of model year best time to buy new?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by cycledrum, Feb 5, 2008.

1. Feb 5, 2008 at 11:15 AM
    cycledrum

cycledrum [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    Union City, CA
    Vehicle:
    88 4X4 Pickup xtra cab, SR5
    Is September / October the best time to buy a new 08?

I'm guessing the 09 models are announced around that time, then dealers bargain to move the 08s.

2. Feb 5, 2008 at 11:31 AM
    2003greenbean

2003greenbean Carolina Alliance Costal Div

Member:
    socaste,sc
    Vehicle:
    03 trd
    cold air intake, step bars, custom grill, 3in lift,12 in audiobahn sub, 285/75/16 procomp tires, 20% tint,
    it seems to be that when you hear about the sales going on

3. Feb 5, 2008 at 12:11 PM
    nd

nd Radical Town. It's a hell of a place!

Member:
    First Name:
    Nate
    Greenville, SC
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Off-Road 4x4 debadged
    De badged, 5100's, Black Toyota Baja wheels
    The best time is when they start getting the 09's on the lot, but at that point you have to stop being picky and may not get the exact model, color, trim pkg you want. If you're not picky then thats the best time. otherwise you should just constantly watch your local dealers and try to find good deals.

4. Feb 5, 2008 at 12:17 PM
    Evil Monkey

Evil Monkey There's an evil monkey in my truck

Member:
    First Name:
    Robert
    Escondido, CA
    Vehicle:
    07 4x4 DC SR5 TRD Off-road
    Weathertech front & rear mats, rear suspension TSB, Toytec AAL for TSB, Hi-Lift Jack, Bilstein 5100 & Toytec Adjustable coilovers, Built Right UCAs, KMC XD 795 Hoss Wheels, Definity Dakota MTs 285/75R16, Leer XR, Thule Tracker II & Thule MOAB basket
    The downside is that in a couple months it's already considered one year old. Plus, if you're waiting, you're not driving one. :D

5. Feb 5, 2008 at 12:37 PM
    L_Jackson

L_Jackson Well-Known Member

Member:
    Houston, TX
    Vehicle:
    2007 Black Sand Pearl PreRunner Acce
    Tinted Windows, Tow Hitch, 3" Toytec Lift, American Racing Outlaw II Wheels, Cooper Discoverer 33's, Aries Bull Bar w/ (2) 5" Lights, Nerf Bars, Fog Lights as DTR Lights, Roll Bar w/ (4) 5" Lights, Sony Speakers, 2 Extra Tie Downs
    yeah, in a couple years it will be a year old, but if you are going to keep it a long time (well after it is paid off, who cares what year it is) and another thing, it will have low miles, when you've had it a year and 3 months, it will be "2" years old but only 15 months worth of miles.... and with tacoma's resale value being so high, condition of the vehicle and miles should out weigh 1yr diff. on the model....

i say go for the good deal and get what you want! they were running deals on quad cabs when i bought mine, so with the rebates, a quad cab was cheaper than my access cab, but that isn't what i wanted..... main thing is, get what you want and what is gonna make you happy.... paying that monthly payment as bad when you making it on something you want and like.

6. Feb 5, 2008 at 3:59 PM
    sawdust

sawdust Unapologetic Texan

Member:
    Frisco, TX
    Vehicle:
    07 TRD Offroad Radiant Red V6 Auto DC
    Homelink mirror, tailgate lock, 2ndary air filter removal, Access LE tonneau, Bugflector II, hitch-based bed extender, vent visors, suspension TSB, stall mat
    I bought mine last September and it was pre-marked down $3K from MSRP. That was a good place for me to start the negotiations. I honestly didn't show up at the dealer knowing exactly what I wanted, but when I saw this one, I LIKED IT. Now it's mine :D Penny pincher that I am, if this one hadn't already been marked down I probably would have gone for a less expensive model, however I'm happy with what I got (and I would have been pleased with an SR5 instead of TRD). So, in a way the dealer got what they wanted -- to upsell me, but I also got more truck for my money than I would have otherwise.

If you're a strong negotiator, any time of year can work. Personally, I'm not, so the closeout of old model year worked for me.

7. Feb 5, 2008 at 4:03 PM
    concrete jedi

concrete jedi Well-Known Member

Member:
    Rochester N.Y
    Vehicle:
    06 Tacoma 4 door indigo blue
    Broken and scratched tailgate, cracked rear tail light lens, coffee stain in driver seat.
    Ljack is right, make payments for what you want, not what you settle for.

8. Feb 5, 2008 at 4:11 PM
    wormhole7

wormhole7 Well-Known Member

Member:
    Lake Dallas, Tx
    Vehicle:
    TSS
    Leather, Suspension TSB, Billy 5100's up front set at .85, Eaton Posi LSD,Grillcraft Black Mesh Grills,Aires Bull Bar,Black Low Profile Narrow Toybox,Black Headlight Mod,Black Tail lights ,USA Spec,Ipod, PopnLock,Bed Mat,Bug Sheild,Vent Visors, Weathertec Liners,Radar,Nuvi 760,Dog Ramp,Convex Mirrors, Roof Rack, Tint, Borla exhaust, Borla Intake, OBX pedals, Home Link Auto Dimming Mirror with remote, 20" Factory Wheels, Factory Tube Steps
    I got my mine new years eve of 06. So after 1 day of ownership it was 1year old.

9. Feb 5, 2008 at 9:04 PM
    Leer

Leer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    Funny, the Toyota dealers over here in Hawaii say that there is no room to negotiate. Even when you see then on sale in the paper, they are only marked down $500.

I bought my Pre Runner for 24.4k out the door (with a trade in). That with the msrp and thats the only thing that they were gonna let it go for!

Products Discussed in

To Top