1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is It Possible......

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by H0LLYW00D, Aug 11, 2011.

1. Aug 11, 2011 at 10:34 PM
    H0LLYW00D

H0LLYW00D [OP] Well-Known Member

Member:
    I have in my truck a Cobra 19 DX IV CB radio, on it I have the PA speaker connection wired to a 250watt Kenwood amp and attached to the amp are two Pyle 25watt speakers. The system is setup at this point that the CB output will not be driven hard enough by the amp to blow the speakers, and everything is all well and good.

Here is what I want to do. I want to have a switch to control it so that i can either have the amp get a signal from the PA function on the CB radio or get a feed from the aux jack in my Tacoma. This would then let me play music or other audio from my iPhone or other audio device though the "PA" amp and speakers.

How would I go about wiring this up so that it will work with out blowing speakers, I cant see an iPhone headphone jack being more powerfull than the output on the CB radio.

Thanks for the help.

2. Aug 12, 2011 at 12:11 AM
    Leer

Leer Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    Lee
    Hilo HI
    Vehicle:
    2015 Tacoma 4x4
    I'd watch having it feed from your cb, with the volume up enough, if you key the mic, the feedback could blow your speakers!

Products Discussed in

To Top