1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is it Still a good idea to have the trd package even if u lift it?

Discussion in '2nd Gen. Tacomas (2005-2015)' started by Stephen3393, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Mar 19, 2012 at 9:26 PM
    Stephen3393

Stephen3393 [OP] New Member

Member:
    Is it Still a good idea to have the trd package even if u lift it? or when i buy the truck should i save the money and get it without it? i was told that the trd comes with a locker in the back besides the suspension kit. does the tacomas need the trd package and still have the locker if there is one im just tryin to make sure to make the right choice and to be well knowledgable.

2. Mar 19, 2012 at 9:30 PM
    chris4x4

chris4x4 With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine. Moderator

Member:
    First Name:
    FlimFlubberJAM
    Tenoe, AZ
    Vehicle:
    2019 Rubicon 4 Door,
    4.10 gears, sliders, and lots of buttons.
    You can save the money, add a locker, and better suspension down the line. The other things included in the TRD package, are different seats, and an AC 110v bed connection. Among other little things.

3. Mar 19, 2012 at 9:32 PM
    BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO

BEEFY_CHEESY_TACO DUDE MAN BRO

Member:
    First Name:
    Hot Carl!!!
    Roy UT
    Vehicle:
    2010 TRD-Off Road TACO Extra value package
    Icon Ext Travel w/ Resi Front and rear, Dakar leaf springs, total chaos UCA's, color matched rear bumper, color matched satoshi grille with black chrome TRD emblem, konig countersteer offroads (black) w/ 285/75 Duratracs, sockmonkey Trailiens 3rd tail light cover, Tacomaworld.com sticker (made by me), debadged all around, Relentless Front Bumper, Sliders, Rear bumper, and bed bars with Yakima rack w/ full size spare, shovel, hi-lift
    Depends on how much off roading you plan on doing. The off road edition comes with the A-Trac system along with the locker and has got me out of a few situations. If you're only doing a lift for looks then go with a SR5 package...

4. Mar 20, 2012 at 4:03 AM
    Stephen3393

Member:
    yea im not going to be doing to much offroading with it i just wanted to lift it a little bit for looks. and so i should go with the sr5 package. and later on i can get the locker and stuff if i want. but would it be good to get the trd package and when i do lift it sell the trd package suspensions and make alittle money back or is that a stupid idea

5. Mar 20, 2012 at 4:10 AM
    dbronzo

dbronzo Protected by Armor Tech Offroad

Member:
    First Name:
    Dennis
    Fayetteville, NC
    Vehicle:
    08 TRD Sport 4x4 w/ some Mods
    King Coilovers, LR UCA's, All Pro Sliders, ATO Full Skids, Pioneer AVH-P4300, 4.56 Gears, Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers, ATO Full Wrap High Clearance Bumper w/ Tire Carrier, ATO Hybrid Bumper, Smittybuilt XRC 8, Lightforce 240 Blitz, Rock Lights
    Good luck getting any money for the TRD suspension parts. If you sell them your not gonna get nearly what you paid for them.

6. Mar 20, 2012 at 4:18 AM
    Stephen3393

Member:
    yea thats true nobody would want use suspension parts they would want aftermarket stuff

Products Discussed in

To Top