1. Welcome to Tacoma World!

You are currently viewing as a guest! To get full-access, you need to register for a FREE account.

As a registered member, you’ll be able to:
    • Participate in all Tacoma discussion topics
    • Communicate privately with other Tacoma owners from around the world
    • Post your own photos in our Members Gallery
    • Access all special features of the site

Is the government watching TW?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Discussion' started by TacoDawgfan, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Feb 13, 2012 at 7:49 PM
    Alderleet

Alderleet Ace of Spades

Member:
    First Name:
    Nick
    Salty Hell
    Vehicle:
    '00 Acc Cab TRD 4x4
    The ironic portion to all of this is that the government has a helluva time getting after the people of interest. Those folks are far above and beyond their scope of attainability.

By monitoring social interactions online, they are catching petty criminals. Not a big deal.

2. Feb 13, 2012 at 7:51 PM
    OZ-T

OZ-T You are going backwards

Member:
    First Name:
    Peter North
    British Columbia
    Vehicle:
    Mag Grey 09 Trd Sport DCLB 4x4
    OME 885x , OME shocks and Dakars , Wheelers SuperBumps front and rear , 275/70/17 Hankook ATm , OEM bed mat , Weathertech digifit floor liners , Weathertech in-channel vents , headache rack , Leer 100RCC commercial canopy , TRD bedside decals removed , Devil Horns by Andres , HomerTaco Satoshi
    Wait , isn't that how they tracked Bin Laden to Pakistan , through his Facebook account ?

3. Feb 13, 2012 at 7:53 PM
    XXXX

XXXX Well-Known Member

Member:
    First Name:
    sKiP
    Vehicle:
    05 Prius
  4. Feb 14, 2012 at 4:13 PM
    Joe D

Joe D .

Member:
    Not implying that you have done anything illegal although I do believe at some point in time almost everyone does rather or not it is on line.

That being said and to further explain my thinking...as a free society I don't believe we need people following us around waiting for us to actually (or not) do something illegal. My concern is who is watching and what is their intepretation of what we are doing. Even if you are not illegal, you still could be charged based on someones incorrect take....who knows what it would cost to defend yourself in such a case.

To me, it takes away some of our liberty. It's akin in "random" drug testing....the we're just going to look and see if you're doing something wrong mentality without due cause (well covered in our 4th amendment) except it's a public domain which as we know (as much as I don't like it) changes everything.

Of course as one of our leaders likes to say "we are living in a post contitutional America".

The concept of "we're from the govermment and we're here to help you" kinda turns my stomach.

Products Discussed in

To Top